RME Digiface USB Audio Interface
The RME Digiface USB Audio Interface is an extremely compact & portable digital audio interface capable of transferring digital audio data directly to Windows and Mac computers. It comes with 4 optical ADAT / SPDIF I/Os, and an analog high-quality line/phones output via 6.3 mm TRS jack.
The RME Digiface USB Audio Interface is a compact, portable and lightweight audio interface (only 220 g /0.49 lbs) transfers digital audio data in SPDIF and ADAT format to Windows and Mac computers.
The latest Plug and Play technology guarantees a simple installation, even for the inexperienced user. Numerous unique features as well as RME's robust drivers enable a quick, efficient and comfortable operation of the RME Digiface USB.
Continuing the legacy of RMEs famous HDSP Digiface, a triple ADAT I/O interface with phones and PCI interface, Digiface USB simplifies connection with USB 2, does not need an external power supply, and even adds another optical I/O, resulting in 32 channels input and output each when using ADAT optical.
The analog output hosts channels 33/34, and can be used freely thanks to TotalMix FX, RMEs routing and monitoring solution that knows nearly no limits in routing and mixing (the Digiface USB does not include FX).
Each single optical port can use either ADAT (up to 8 channels) or SPDIF (stereo). While the inputs adapt automatically to the received signal format, the outputs can be individually switched between ADAT and SPDIF operation. Supported are SMUX and SMUX4. Therefore at 192 kHz either 8 channels via 4 x SPDIF or ADAT are possible on both inputs and outputs.
Its small size, weight and bus-powered operation make the Digiface USB extremely versatile and useful. It could even serve as simple headphone amp for mobile use.
Like all the latest RME interfaces, the Digiface USB also includes the powerful digital real-time mixer TotalMix FX. It allows for practically unlimited mixing and routing operations, with all inputs and playback channels simultaneously, to any hardware outputs. The Digiface USB does not have a DSP, so there are no FX available. Still it includes a dedicated Control Room section with Talkback, Main/Phones, fader groups, mute groups, complete remote controllability via Mackie or OSC protocol, and much more.
Here are some typical applications for TotalMix:
- Setting up delay-free submixes (headphone mixes). The Digiface USB allows for up to 17 fully independent stereo submixes. On an analog mixing desk, this would equal 34 Aux sends.
- Unlimited routing of inputs and outputs (free utilisation, patchbay functionality).
- Distributing signals to several outputs at a time. TotalMix offers state-of-the-art splitter and distributor functions.
- Simultaneous playback of different programs via a single stereo output. The ASIO multiclient driver supports the usage of several programs at the same time. When done on different playback channels TotalMix provides the means to mix and monitor these on a single stereo output.
- Mixing of the input signal to the playback signal (complete ASIO Direct Monitoring). RME not only is the pioneer of ADM, but also offers the most complete implementation of the ADM functions.
- Integration of external devices. Use TotalMix to insert external effects devices, be it in the playback or in the record path. Depending on the current application, the functionality equals insert or effects send and effects return, for example as used during real-time monitoring when adding some reverb to the vocals.
- Every single input channel, playback channel and hardware output features a Peak and RMS level meter, calculated in hardware. These level displays are very useful to determine the presence and routing destinations of the audio signals.
RME Digiface USB Audio Interface Connectivity
- 66 channels (32 in / 34 out)
- 4 x ADAT/SPDIF Input
- 4 x ADAT/SPDIF Output
- 1 x Phones TRS Stereo Output
- No External Power Supply is required
RME Digiface USB Audio Interface Features
- All settings can be changed in real-time
- ADAT and SPDIF I/Os can be used simultaneously
- Unsurpassed Bitclock PLL (audisynchronization) in ADAT mode
- 16 Channels 96 kHz/24 bit record/playback via ADAT optical (S/MUX)
- 8 Channels 192 kHz/24 bit record/playback via ADAT optical (S/MUX4)
- Buffer sizes/latencies from 32 up to 8192 samples selectable
- Clock modes slave and master
- Automatic and intelligent master/slave clock control
- SteadyClock: Jitter-immune, super-stable digital clock
- SyncAlign guarantees sample aligned and never swapping channels
- SyncCheck tests and reports the synchronization status of input signals
- TotalMix for latency-free submixes and perfect ASIO Direct Monitoring
- TotalMix:2244 channel mixer with 46 bit internal resolution
- 1 x Analog/Line headphone output, separate output for independent submix
- DIGICheck DSP: Level meter in hardware, peak- and RMS calculation
RME Digiface USB Audio Interface Specifications
- Inputs: 4 x ADAT/SPDIF
- Outputs: 4 x ADAT/SPDIF / 1 x Phones TRS Stereo 6.3 mm
- MIDI Input/Output: via virtual MIDI port
- Clock Modes: Internal, ADAT In, SPDIF In
- Sample Rates: 28 kHz up to 200 kHz
- Jitter: < 1 ns, internal and all inputs
- Jitter Sensitivity: PLL operates even at 100 ns Jitter
- TotalMix: 2048 channel mixer with 48-bit internal resolution
- TotalMix: latency-free submixes and perfect ASIO Direct Monitoring
- Interface: USB 2.0, bus-powered
- DIGICheck: RME's ultimate measurement, analysis and test tool
- Windows: Vista/7/8/10 (Multi-Client operation of ASIO 2.3 and WDM)
- Mac: OS X (10.6 or up, Core Audio, Core MIDI)
RME Digiface USB Audio Interface Includes
- RME Digiface USB Audio Interface
- Software/Driver Disc (with TotalMix FX)
- User Manual
- 6 Months Warranty
RME Digiface USB Audio Interface Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review