The RME ADI-6432 R Redundant Format Converter offers 64 channels of format conversion from MADI to AES and vice versa. Consisting of two digital format converters in reference quality, in a standard 19 inch box with 2 unit height, the compact ADI-6432 has numerous extraordinary features like Intelligent Clock Control (ICC), SyncCheck, SyncAlign, SteadyClock, MIDI over MADI, RS232 over MADI, and remote control via MADI and MIDI.
The RME ADI-6432 R Redundant Format Converter 's typical applications include two ADI-6432 used as digital multicore, or one unit used as AES/EBU frontend for the Hammerfall DSP MADI PCI card. Up to 192 kHz at 24-Bit are supported. Built with 2 units height there is enough space for all connectors and control elements.
The compact RME ADI-6432 R Redundant Format Converter with 19" width and 2 unit height serves as format converter MADI to/from AES (schematic view). MADI handles 64 channels of 24-Bit audio at sampling frequencies up to 48 kHz, 32 channels up to 96 kHz, and 16 channels up to 192 kHz. All channels are transferred across a single cable, either coaxial (BNC) or optical network cable. In both cases, cable lengths of more than 100 meters can be achieved. The AES/EBU channels are provided as 32 AES/EBU inputs and outputs via D-sub connectors. The RME ADI-6432 accepts 56 channels and 64 channels as well as 96k frame at its input, and can be set to generate those formats at its output.
The RME ADI-6432 R is identical to the RME ADI-6432, but can be connected to two different electrical circuits. If one of these circuits fails, the RME ADI-6432 R will continue to operate without interruption.
The RMEs SteadyClock(TM) lets the RME ADI-6432 R use MADI without an additional word clock connection, and guarantees excellent clock quality in every situation. Due to the highly efficient jitter reduction, any clock signal - even AES and word clock - can be improved and refreshed, and subsequently be used as reference clock at the word clock output. Intelligent Clock Control (ICC) will retain the last valid sample frequency in case of a loss of the input signal.
The RME ADI-6432 R supplies word clock in Single, Double und Quad Speed, distributes Double Wire 96 kHz signals into the MADI data stream, and even supports the double MADI sample rate (96K frame). The SyncAlign ® and SyncCheck ® technologies known from other RME products ensure perfect synchronization and clear detection of errors. Also multiple units can be stacked and operated sample-aligned, using word clock. All settings are stored when the RME ADI-6432 R is switched off.
The RME ADI-6432R has two separated, simultaneously operating power supplies. It can be connected to two different power sources at the same time, enabling a redundancy mode of the power supply. If one of the internal or external power sources fails the unit continues to work without any interruption.
To activate this mode both IEC receptacles have to be connected to different power sources, and both power supplies have to be switched on at the front of the unit, so that both POWER LEDs light up.
The power consumption of the unit in redundancy mode is increased by only a few Watts, caused by the limited efficiency (internal loss) of each single power supply.
A fully automatic input selection between optical and coaxial input offers a useful redundancy mode for critical applications. Extensive status displays give information about lock and sync states, audio content and the physical quality of the incoming signal.
The front panel features an exciting and detailed sync and audio state display with 97 LEDs. Furthermore every function has its own keys accompanied by clear function LEDs. Especially in a professional application, exact, quick and direct control and display of all incoming and outgoing signals, including MIDI and RS232, becomes indispensable. Errors can be detected at a glance. The control keys can be locked to prevent accidental changing of settings.
16 MIDI channels can be transferred invisibly across MADI, at the full count of 64 audio channels. The same applies to RS232: Be it 9600, 19200 or 115200 Baud, thanks to a 9-pin COM port, the RME ADI-6432 R can be used as an extender for serial cables, with no effect on the audio functionality.
Additionally the device can be fully remote controlled and configured via MIDI, and all status displays can be queried through MIDI. Each RME ADI-6432 R can be given a separate ID, allowing separate remote controllability of various devices with only one MIDI channel.
The RME ADI-6432 R is compatible to MADI interfaces of companies like Sony, Merging, Lawo, Euphonix, Stagetec, Jünger, Audio Service, AMS and others.
RME ADI-6432 R Redundant Format Converter Connectivity
- 1 x MADI I/O (optical and coaxial)
- 32 x AES/EBU I/O (2 x 4 SUB-D)
- 1 x MIDI I/O
- Com-Port I/O (RS-232)
- Word Clock I/O
RME ADI-6432 R Redundant Format Converter Features
- Sixty-four channel MADI/AES format converter
- Support for up to 192kHz sample rates with MADI and AES
- Supplies word clock in Single, Double and Quad Speed, distributes Double Wire 96kHz signals into the MADI data stream and to the AES ports and supports the double MADI sample rate (96k frame)
- SyncAlign and SyncCheck technologies ensure perfect synchronization and clear detection of errors
- Extensive status displays give information about Lock and Sync states, audio content and the physical quality of the incoming signal
- A fully automatic input selection between optical and coaxial input offers a useful redundancy mode for critical applications
- Multiple units can be stacked and operated sample-aligned, using word clock
- MADI Merge, using two units, allows two MADI streams to be merged from two sources, and sent on via a single MADI cable. Useful in situation where the two sources are not utilizing their full sixty-four channel counts
- The unit can be also used as a MADI to MADI converter. For instance, an AMS Neve Logic DFC only accepts the fifty-six channel input format. The ADI-6432 can read either format at its input or output
- All settings are stored when the unit is switched off
- Sixteen MIDI channels can be transferred across MADI even with sixty-four audio channels
- The device can be fully remote controlled and configured via MIDI and all status displays can be queried through MIDI
- Each unit in a multiple-unit setup can be given a separate ID, allowing separate remote control of the devices utilizing only a single MIDI channel
- Compatible to MADI interfaces of companies like Sony, Merging, Lawo, Euphonix, Stagetec, Junger, Audio Service, AMS and others
RME ADI-6432 R Redundant Format Converter Specifications
- Input MADI: 1 x BNC, 1 x optical
- Input AES/EBU: 32 x, 4 x per D-sub connector, transformer balanced, highly sensitive input stage (< 0.3 Vpp), SPDIF compatible
- Output AES/EBU: 32 x, 4 x per D-sub connector, transformer balanced, 4 Vpp
- Input Word Clock: BNC, Signal Adaptation Circuit (functional from 1.2 Vpp)
- Output Word Clock: BNC, low impedance driver stage, 4 Vpp into 75 Ohms, short-circuit-proof
- MIDI I/O: via two 5-pin DIN jacks
- COM Port: RS232 via 9-pin D-sub, 9600/19200/115200 Baud
- Sync Sources: MADI, AES, word clock, internal
- Varipitch: by input signal or word clock
- Sample Frequencies: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 176.4 kHz, 192 kHz, variable (sync/word clock)
- Sample Rate Range: MADI: 32 - 192 kHz, word clock: 27 kHz - 200 kHz, AES: 28 kHz - 200 kHz
- Jitter: Internal Clock < 1 ns, Word Clock In < 2 ns, AES/EBU In < 2 ns
- Jitter Suppression: >30 dB (2.4 kHz)
- Jitter Sensitivity: all PLLs operate error-free even at 100 ns
- Power Supply: Internal switching mode PS, 100V - 240V AC, 20 Watt
- Dimensions: (W x H x D) 483 x 88 x 200 mm
RME ADI-6432 R Redundant Format Converter Includes
- RME ADI-6432 Format Converter
- Power Cord
- User Manual
- 2 Years Warranty
RME ADI-6432 R Redundant Format Converter Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review