Radial McBoost Signal Booster
The Radial McBoost Signal Booster is a high performance microphone signal booster designed to elevate the output of a typical dynamic microphone for greater transient response and boost the signal of a low-output ribbon mic to bring it up to a usable level for mixing consoles or preamps that may not provide sufficient gain.
The Radial McBoost Signal Booster is a specially designed amplifier expressly made to increase the signal level of low output microphones. The 100% discrete Class-A circuit design begins with a dual-transistor J-FET circuit to produce up to 26dB of gain without introducing noise, color or artifact. Each individual transistor is carefully measured and batch-sorted to comply with the design specification to certify performance. As with all Radial products, the circuit board is then loaded into a 14-gauge I-beam reinforced steel enclosure to prevent outside stress from torquing which otherwise could lead to premature part failure. A book-end cover creates protective zones at each end to safeguard the switches, potentiometer and connectors from the rigors of the road.
Simply connect the Radial McBoost in-line using standard 3-pin XLRs and activate 48V phantom to provide power. Select between three impedance settings to optimize the response from the microphone. The Radial McBoost will elevate the output to produce added clarity, excitement and extra drive for long cables whether you are in a recording studio, on a live concert stage, or in a broadcast center.
Radial McBoost Signal Booster Features
- 26dB signal booster for dynamic & ribbon mics
- Extends dynamic range and microphone reach
- Uses standard 48V phantom for power
- 3-position load switch and variable gain
Radial McBoost Signal Booster Applications
- Recording Studio with a ribbon mic - Use the Radial McBoost to increase the gain of your vintage ribbon mic to maximize headroom and minimize noise. The ultra-clean Class-A J-FET circuit amplifies without adding distortion or noise.
- Live stage with a dynamic mic - Capture more detail than ever before using a standard dynamic mic. The Radial McBoost works great on any dynamic mic to accentuate the signal.
- Field reporting for broadcast - Whether you are doing an interview in a sports arena, golf course or race track, the Radial McBoost will drive your mic signal a thousand meters without noise while reducing susceptibility of outside interference.
Radial McBoost Signal Booster Specifications
- Technical Specs:
- Frequency Response: <7Hz to >30kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.006%
- Dynamic Range: 116dB
- Input Impedance: 600? / 2.7k? / 30k?
- Gain - Full / Half: +26dB / +20dB
- Gain - Variable: +4dB to +25dB
- Clip level - Output: +16dBu
- Output impedance - XLR Output: 220?
- Equivalent Input Noise: -125dBu
- Noise Floor: -100dBu / -110dBu
- Intermodulation Distortion: 0.01%
- Phase Deviation: <10°
- Common Mode Rejection: >50dB
- Controls: Gain
- Switches: Load Impedance, Gain
- XLR Configuration: Pin 2 + / Pin 3 - / Pin 1 Ground
- Power: Phantom Power - 48V
- Construction: Cold Rolled Steel
- Finish: Durable Powder Coat
Radial McBoost Signal Booster Includes
- Radial McBoost Signal Booster
- User Guide
- 3 Year Warranty
Radial McBoost Signal Booster Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review