Radial Exo-Pod Audio Distribution Module
The Radial Exo-Pod Audio Distribution Module is a passive broadcast splitter that can take the balanced line output from a mixing console and distribute the signal to 14 hand-held recorders, video cameras or wireless receivers.
The Radial Exo-Pod Audio Distribution Module can also be used in conjunction with the Radial mPress master press box to create a modular solution for hundreds of individual press feeds.
The compact floor-box begins with 14-gauge steel construction for exceptional durability against the rigours of the road. The steel casing also provides excellent shielding against stray magnetic fields from stage lighting dimmers, power transformers and electrical cables. This is augmented with protective bumpers to protect the connectors and trim control switch from damage plus a sturdy steel handle for easy manipulation. Connecting to and from the Radial Exo-Pod begins with a balanced XLR input, ten XLR balanced outputs and four mini 3.5mm TRS connectors for video cameras, hand-held recorders, tablets or other media systems. A variable input trim allows the broadcast technician to reduce the output level locally for convenience. All of the outputs are transformer isolated to eliminate hum and buzz that is often encountered due to ground loops. The XLR outputs are supplemented with individual ground lift switches to further abate noise.
As the Radial Exo-Pod is completely passive, no power is required. You simply connect your line level source and feed as many as 14 mic inputs at once with excellent audio performance, high signal-to-noise and plenty of headroom.
The Radial Exo-Pod is a simple solution that goes to work every day!
Radial Exo-Pod Audio Distribution Module Features
- Passive design with 14 transformer isolated outputs
- Set & forget variable output trim control
- Balanced line level XLR input with expandable input
- Extra durable heavy 14-gauge steel construction
Radial Exo-Pod Audio Distribution Module Applications
- Using the Exo-Pod as a Simple Broadcast Splitter - The passive Radial Exo-Pod is easily integrated with any mixer using a +4dB line level feed. All Radial Exo-Pod outputs are transformer isolated to eliminate hum and buzz.
- Use the Exo-Pod for your town hall meeting - In addition to feeding the press gallery, send the signal to the mic-level inputs on your PA speakers to fill up your meeting room or convention space.
- Combine Exo-Pods with the mPress for large events - The mPress is a broadcast press box that can deliver over 500 individual audio channels to your international sporting event. Use the Radial Exo-Pod thru-puts to create zones.
Radial Exo-Pod Audio Distribution Module Specifications
- Technical Specs:
- Audio Circuit Type: Passive
- Frequency Response: <20Hz to >20kHz ±1dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.001%
- Dynamic Range: >136dB / >100dB
- Input Impedance: 350 O
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio: 63dB
- Gain - Input to XLR Output: -3.5dB / -18dBu
- Gain - Input to Mini Out: -1.3db / -20dB
- Clip Level - Input: >+26dBu
- Output Impedance - XLR Outs: 1000 O
- Output Impedance - Mini Outs: 4600 O
- Equivalent Input Noise: -108dBu/-84dBu
- Noise Floor - XLR Out: -111dBu
- Noise Floor - Mini Out: -86dBu
- Intermodulation Distortion: 0.006%
- Phase Deviation: -5/+25°
- Controls: Input level trim
- Switches: Ground lifts
- Construction: 14-gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Finish: Durable powder coat
- Size: L:11.75" x W:5" H:2.25" (298.45mm x 127mm x 57.15mm)
- Weight: 3.6lb
- Shipping Size: L:13.37" x W:5.5" H:3.25" (571.5mm x 260.35mm x 114.3mm)
- Shipping Weight: 4lb
Radial Exo-Pod Audio Distribution Module Includes
- Radial Exo-Pod Unit
- User Guide
- 3 Year Warranty
Radial Exo-Pod Audio Distribution Module Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review