Primacoustic RX7 DF Recoil Stabilizer Isolation Pad (5º Downward)
The Primacoustic RX7 DF Recoil Stabilizer Isolation Pad is a near field reference monitor platform designed to decouple the loudspeaker from the supporting shelf while adding mass to stabilize the speaker from the backward recoil caused by the low frequency driver motion. This down-fire model introduces a 5º degree angle to compensate for the added 2-inch height to your monitor when put in position.
The Primacoustic RX7 DF Recoil Stabilizer Isolation Pad is a loudspeaker platform that combines three basic components: a high-density urethane foam base to isolate the speaker from the shelf, monitor-bridge or stand; a heavy ¼” laser-cut steel plate; and a thin neoprene top surface. The foam effectively decouples the loudspeaker to eliminate vibration-borne resonance that invariably introduces phase anomalies, while the steel plate introduces significant mass to the structure, stabilizing the speaker. The no-slip surface coats the top to ensure the monitor stays firmly in place.
By reducing the backward ‘recoil’ as the speaker coil pushes energy forward, the initial transient no longer suffers lag and the sharpness of the resulting impulse is more defined. Upon first listening, one immediately notices more punch and extended low end. Upon further listening, one begins to notice greater detail at all frequencies, improved transient response and more defined depth of field. This not only makes mixing easier, but since the Primacoustic RX7 DF Recoil eliminates unknown resonance from contaminating the sound, your mixes immediately translate better to other rooms and audio systems.
The Primacoustic RX7 DF or down-fire model introduces a 5º degree angle to compensate for the added 2" (5cm) height that the Recoil Stabilizer will introduce when put in position. This is often a good choice when the near fields are used on a meter bridge or elevated shelf that cannot be adjusted. The Primacoustic RX7 DF Recoil Stabilizer is a nearfield monitor platform that incorporates four different elements to create the whole. This includes:
- Retention Pad: Thin no-slip neoprene surface secures the nearfield monitor to the top surface for maximum signal transfer.
- Steel Platform: Laser cut ¼” (6mm) steel platform adds the necessary stabilizing mass to rigidly hold the nearfield monitor in place.
- Curved Front Panel: Curved front panel eliminates standing waves and adds mass to the platform without increasing the footprint.
- Isolation Foam: High density open cell acoustic foam provides acoustic isolation to eliminate coupling between loudspeaker and shelf.
Primacoustic RX7 DF Recoil Stabilizer Isolation Pad Features
- Enhances transient response and imaging
- Tightens up the bass for greater accuracy
- Eliminates resonance and phase anomalies
- Improves translation to other audio systems
Primacoustic RX7 DF Recoil Stabilizer Isolation Pad Specifications
- Deck: 1/4” Steel, Black Powder Coated with 1/8” Neoprene Pad
- Base: High Density Polyurethane Foam
- Number Per Box: 1
- Size: 10.5" x 13" (263mm x 330mm)
- Height: 3.4" / 2.625" (86 / 67.5mm)
- Maximum Load: 44lbs (20kg)
- Weight: 10.8 lbs (4.9 kg)
Primacoustic RX7 DF Recoil Stabilizer Isolation Pad Includes
- 1 x Primacoustic RX7 DF Recoil Stabilizer Isolation Pad (5º Downward)
- 3 Year Warranty
Primacoustic RX7 DF Recoil Stabilizer Isolation Pad Downloads
- Primacoustic RX7 DF Recoil Stabilizer Isolation Pad (5º Downward) Data Sheet (PDF)
- Primacoustic RX7 DF Recoil Stabilizer Isolation Pad (5º Downward) Installation Guide (PDF)
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
The physics and theory are solid and so are the results !!! I was somewhat skeptical to start , but the bass on my monitors bled off less into the desk and tighten up too. I've used all foam units , And I do feel that the extra mass in the plates on these helps keep the transients a smidgen tighter , and every little bit helps !!!!