The Primacoustic RX20 HF Recoil Stabilizer Isolation Pad decouples the speaker from the surface and helps improve monitor speaker performance. It enhances transient response and imaging and tightens up the bass for greater accuracy. The HF version is designed to fire sound straight on, in a horizontal plane.
The Primacoustic RX20 HF Recoil Stabilizer Monitor Isolation Pad is a unique speaker mounting device that at once eliminates disruptive resonant coupling from the loudspeaker to the stand, while providing a stable base that reduces the recoil caused by the forward energy of the loudspeaker motion. The Recoil RX20 HF is a loudspeaker platform that combines three basic components: a high-density urethane foam base to isolate the speaker from the shelf, monitor-bridge or stand; a heavy ¼” laser-cut steel plate; and a thin neoprene top surface. The foam effectively decouples the loudspeaker to eliminate vibration-borne resonance that invariably introduces phase anomalies, while the steel plate introduces significant mass to the structure, stabilizing the speaker. The no-slip surface coats the top to ensure the monitor stays firmly in place.
By reducing the backward ‘recoil’ as the speaker coil pushes energy forward, the initial transient no longer suffers lag and the sharpness of the resulting impulse is more defined. Upon first listening, one immediately notices more punch and extended low end. Upon further listening, one begins to notice greater detail at all frequencies, improved transient response and more defined depth of field. This not only makes mixing easier, but since the RX20 HF eliminates unknown resonance from contaminating the sound, your mixes immediately translate better to other rooms and audio systems.
The Primacoustic RX20 HF Recoil Stabilizer Isolation Pad is designed to fire sound straight on, in a horizontal plane. This makes the HF an ideal choice for adjustable monitor stands and custom mounting in soffits or shelves where the added 2" height is desired. This is also the preferred format for isolating subwoofers. The Primacoustic RX20 HF incorporates four different elements, these include:
- Retention Pad: Thin no-slip neoprene surface secures the nearfield monitor to the top surface for maximum signal transfer.
- Steel Platform: Laser cut ¼” (6mm) steel platform adds the necessary stabilizing mass to rigidly hold the nearfield monitor in place.
- Curved Front Panel: Curved front panel eliminates standing waves and adds mass to the platform without increasing the footprint.
- Isolation Foam: High density open cell acoustic foam provides acoustic isolation to eliminate coupling between loudspeaker and shelf.
Primacoustic RX20 HF Recoil Stabilizer Monitor Isolation Pad Features
- Enhances transient response and imaging
- Tightens up the bass for greater accuracy
- Eliminates resonance and phase anomalies
- Improves translation to other audio systems
Primacoustic RX20 HF Recoil Stabilizer Monitor Isolation Pad Specifications
- Deck: 1/4” Steel, Black Powder Coated with 1/8” Neoprene Pad
- Base: High Density Polyurethane Foam
- Number Per Box: 1
- Size: 20" x 22" (508mm x 559mm)
- Height: 2.625" (67.5mm)
- Maximum Load: 144lbs (65kg)
- Weight: 36 lbs. (16.3 kg)
Primacoustic RX20 HF Recoil Stabilizer Monitor Isolation Pad Includes
- 1x Primacoustic RX20 HF
- 3 Year Warranty
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review