The Placid Audio Carbonphone RU-80 Microphone is unlike any microphone that you have ever heard. Due to the unique and unpredictable response of the carbon capsule, the sound is naturally distorted and very ‘lofi’. Some might compare the character of the RU-80 to that of a scratchy vinyl record or a military radio / public address transmission.
The Carbonphone RU-80, unlike full range dynamic, condenser or ribbon mics, features a military grade carbon granule element to capture sound. The sound is achieved by passing current through tiny carbon granules within the capsule. When sound waves agitate the granules, the electrical resistance of the capsule modulates and the variations in resistance can then be converted into sound just like any other microphone.
Placid Audio Carbonphone RU-80 Microphone Features
- Soviet military grade carbon granule capsule
- Fully balanced output
- Quality Hammond output transformer
- Phantom power required
- Rugged copper housing and components
- High quality Switchcraft 3 pin XLR connector
- Handcrafted in the U.S.A
- Lifetime operational warranty
- Adjustable aircraft aluminum mounting bracket to fit North American style stands (will fit European style stands with common threaded adapter)
Placid Audio Carbonphone RU-80 Microphone Specifications
- Type: Carbon
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 50Hz-10kHz
- Impedance: 150 ohms
- Output: 120 +/ 2dB SPL @ 1 kHz
- Mic Dimensions: 2.25 x 3 inches
- Weight: 1 lbs.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review