The Neumann KH 120 II AES67 Studio Monitor is based on the same concept as its acclaimed predecessor but completely re-engineered for improved performance in all parameters: deeper bass, higher SPL capability and even better resolution. This model features AES67 audio network ports.
When Neumann released the KH 120 A in 2010, it was the beginning of an ongoing success story. Neumann monitoring has since become the reference of choice in countless studios around the world. The KH 120 II follows the same philosophy as its predecessor and, in fact, all Neumann studio monitors: highest linearity, lowest distortion, no coloration, and perfect adaptability to any acoustic environment. Thanks to improved performance in all parameters and a powerful DSP engine, the KH 120 II enables you to hear your tracks with even greater clarity and work more efficiently. Create mixes that translate optimally to all playback systems. With ease.
Perfect Sound with a Small Footprint
The KH 120 II has an exceptionally linear frequency response from 44 Hz to 21 kHz (±3 dB). Not only that: It also linearizes the phase response! Which translates to clear mids with astonishing transparency as well as extreme accuracy in the time domain: precise impulse reproduction and finely resolved reverbs. This is made possible by DSP controlled electronics which allow for sophisticated crossovers avoiding the phase distortion caused by analog filters. The internal DSP also realizes new standards in tonal consistency. The KH 120 II is made to extremely low tolerances of no more than ±0.5 dB! And you can hear it, too: Stereo imaging is razor-sharp. The KH 120 II is designed for nearfield applications with a recommended listening distance of 1 – 2 meters (3 – 6 ft.). It is thus ideally suited to smaller rooms such as home and project studios as well as mixing and editing suites or as a surround speaker in large multichannel applications. Thanks to its outstanding linearity in a portable format, the KH 120 II is also an excellent choice for creating a professional quality makeshift control room when working on location (e.g. orchestra/choir, live recording, film, broadcast).
Ready for Your Room
Even the best loudspeaker only sounds as good as the acoustic environment allows. Neumann’s Mathematically Modelled Dispersion™ (MMD) waveguide guarantees a wide sweet spot and minimizes desk reflections. But the KH 120 II goes much further: Its internal DSP allows for room calibration via Neumann’s revolutionary Automatic Monitor Alignment. MA 1 (sold separately) makes sure your DSP powered monitors are optimally adapted to the character of your room and perfectly aligned for your listening position. Even in acoustically treated rooms, this results in a significant improvement. Tonal compatibility with other KH line studio monitors makes it possible to use the KH 120 II in mixed setups e.g. in immersive setups. For flexible connectivity the KH 120 II features both analog and S/PDIF inputs.
Neumann engineers took great care to develop a patent pending amplifier technology which combines superior audio performance with the energy efficiency of Class D. Although the power amplifiers of the KH 120 II deliver up to 145 W to the 5.25” woofer and 100 W to the 1” tweeter, they only consume 17 W at idle. Auto-standby reduces power consumption to 0.3 W when the KH 120 II has not been used for a while, but can be deactivated.
AES67 Audio Over IP
Additionally, the KH 120 II AES67 variant offers integrated redundant AES67 audio network ports that are fully compliant with broadcast standards such as ST 2110, ST 2022-7 redundancy, and RAVENNA. The KH 120 II AES67 is also compatible with DANTE-generated AES67 network streams.
Neumann KH 120 II Studio Monitor Features
- High-precision drivers, Mathematically Modelled Dispersion (MMD) waveguide
- Linear frequency response 44 Hz - 21 kHz (±3 dB)
- Linear phase response 120 Hz - 16 kHz (±45°) with latency <2.6 ms
- DSP inside allows for room adaptive alignment via Neumann’s MA 1
- Razor sharp imaging due to extremely low tolerances (±0.5 dB)
- May be combined with other KH line speakers in immersive or surround setups
Neumann KH 120 II Studio Monitor Specifications
- Frequency Response: 44 Hz - 21 kHz
- Self-Generated Noise: <20 dB(A) SPL
- Max. SPL: 116.8 dB SPL
- Acoustical Principle: Bassreflex, Ports at the front
- Analog Input(s): XLR: analog electronically balanced
- Analog Input Impedance: 24k Ohms
- Digital Input(s): RCA (75 Ω), S/PDIF
- USB & Network I/O: 2 x RJ45 (AES67, Controller, Network, Remote)
- Input Gain Control (Sensitivity): 0 dB to -15 dB
- Output Level Control: 94; 100; 108; 114 dB SPL
- Equalization Bass: 0; -2; -4; -6 dB
- Equalization Low-Mid: 0; -2; -4; -6 dB
- Equalization Treble: +1; 0; -1; -2 dB
- Control: Local; Network
- Crossover Frequency: 1.7 kHz
- FIR Phase Correction: Linear phase (120 Hz to 16 kHz; +/- 45°)
- Protection Circuitry: Independent soft clip, peak and thermo limiters for woofer and tweeter; Woofer excursion limiter; thermo limiter for the electronics and amplifiers
- Output Power Woofer Amplifier (THD+N with limiter deactivated: 10%): 145 W
- Output Power Tweeter Amplifier (THD+N with limiter deactivated: 10%): 100 W
- Woofer: 130 mm (5.25") with protecting metal grill
- Tweeter: 25 mm (1") with protecting metal grill
- Dimensions (height x width x depth): 11.3 " x 7.16 " x 8.94")
- Weight: 11 lbs 14 oz
Neumann KH 120 II Studio Monitor Includes
- Neumann KH 120 II AES67 Studio Monitor
- Power Cable
- 4x Self-Adhesive Feet
- Safety Guide
- Supplement “Getting Started Quickly”
- Manufacturer Warranty
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review