Neumann KH 120 A Studio Monitor
The Neumann KH 120 A Studio Monitor is a perfect monitor for tracking, mixing and mastering. Ideal in broadcast, project and post-production studios, the KH120's represents the latest in acoustic and electronic simulation and measurement technologies to ensure the most accurate sound reproduction possible.
The Neumann KH 120-A Studio Monitor combines a 1" titanium fabric dome tweeter powered by 50 W RMS (80 W peak) of analog amplification with a 5.25" long throw composite sandwich cone bass driver powered by 50 W RMS 80 W peak) analog amplification with dual front panel bass ports. The two speaker drivers are mounted in an elliptical mathematically modeled dispersion waveguide for smoother off-axis response and a more forgiving sound signature in different acoustical environments.
The front panel is made from one piece without discontinuities to reduce diffraction with protective metal grills and the cabinet is made of magnetically shielded aluminum to reduce resonances, improve heat dissipation, and extend the operating lifetime of the unit. The monitor is suitable for professional tracking, mixing, and mastering applications in broadcast, project, and post-production studios.
The system delivers a free field frequency response of 52 to 21,000 Hz with 4-position bass, low-mid, and treble acoustical controls for tailoring the response to different rooms and an input gain control from 0 to -15 dB. The front panel Neumann logo functions as an LED indicator for power and clip/limiting but can also be dimmed for light applications and for use when placed behind screens. A variety of wall, ceiling, truss, subwoofer, stand, and surface mounting options are available through a range of accessories (sold separately).
Neumann KH 120 A Studio Monitor Features
- Titanium Fabric Dome: Provides low-distortion high-frequency reproduction
- Elliptical Mathematically Modeled Dispersion Waveguide: Provides smoother off-axis response for more forgiving and diverse acoustic environments
- Composite Sandwich Cone: Provides Damping of break-up modes
- Long Throw Bass Driver: Enables low distortion at high sound levels
- Two-Color + Dimmable Neumann Logo: Displays operation status and activation of the extensive protection system
- Metal Grill: Protects against mechanical damage
- Large Front Panel Ports: Reduces bass compression and makes it easier to mount in tight spaces such as OB vans
- Compact Magnetically Shielded Aluminum Cabinet: Minimizes resonances and provides better heat dissipation for a longer product life
- Wide Horizontal Dispersion: Provides freedom of movement across the mixing console
- Narrow Vertical Dispersion: Reduces reflections off the mixing console
- One-Piece Front Panel Without Discontinuities: Reduces diffraction and smoother frequency response
- Powerful Analog Amplifiers With Ample Headroom: Improves transient response
- Production Consistency: Ensures matched pairs
- 4-Position Bass, Low-Mid and Treble Acoustic Controls: Enables more control in diverse acoustical environments
- Wide Range of Input Gain and Output Level Controls: Enables easier interfacing with signal sources
- New Mounting Hardware Options: Offers flexibility in mounting cabinets in more diverse locations
- Display Dimmer: Allows adjustments for low lighting conditions or behind the screen applications
- Ground Lift: Reduces noise in electrically noisy environments and over comes ground loops
- Universal Switched-Mode Power Supply (100 to 240 V): Allows for one version to work in any country and with poor quality main power supplies
- Separate Woofer and Tweeter Electronic Limiters and Thermal Protection Circuitry: Ensures long-term reliability
Neumann KH 120 A Studio Monitor Includes
- KH 120 A Studio Monitor
- Power Cable
- Operating manual
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I've spent a good number of years working in front of some pretty nice monitoring (ATC 20As) on a daily basis. While these Neumanns are somewhat smaller they hold up admirably in their detail and stereo imaging and perceived evenness across the spectrum. My initial concerns about them possibly being a little light weight in the bottom end were soon dispelled after switching to a Pendulum track at around 85db SPL. Even at this volume I got the message and the bass was impressively tight. Anyone wanting to push the listening levels might find them wanting some sub reinforcement but I tend to work with a gentler client so I'm happy with just the pair. These are respectable close fields leaning towards being ruthlessly honest when presented with a bad mix. I find some speakers with a flattering mid range tend to tire my ears out but I can listen to these all day.
I'm no audiophile, but the sound tech guy at my studio owns a pair of these, and they make everything sound 100 times more clear and amazing. I'd never heard audio so crisp until I listened to music on these! Even at low volume they sound clear and vibrant.