MOTU 8pre-es Audio Interface
The MOTU 8pre-es Audio Interface is designed to provide versatile connectivity, DSP console-style mixing, and high-resolution audio for musicians and recording engineers in project studios, commercial facilities, home setups, and live stage applications.
The MOTU 8pre-es Audio Interface is loaded with ESS Sabre32 Ultra digital-to-analog converters, it boasts a dynamic range of 123 dB and latency as low as 1.6 ms. The 8pre-es can be used at up to 24-bit / 192 kHz resolution with a host DAW or as a standalone mixer. It is compatible with Thunderbolt and USB on Mac OS X and Windows systems.
Its 24 inputs include eight XLR-1/4" combo jacks for mics, instruments, and line-level signal, as well as optical S/PDIF and ADAT ports. Among the outputs are eight 1/4" TRS jacks, two headphone outputs, ADAT, and S/PDIF.
Time code support is also on hand, as the machine converts SMPTE time code to MTC, then passes MTC on to any MTC-compatible host. The unit sports flexible monitoring thanks to its digital mixer, as well as a built-in talkback mic and front-panel talk button for communicating with your artists. The mixer is DSP-powered, offering console-style control over 48 channels, multiple aux buses and groups, and effects such as reverb, EQ, gating, and compression, and even LA-2A emulations.
Control the interface functions via a web app on a wired or wireless device. Additional power is unlocked via the supplied MOTU software package, which includes audio analysis tools and the AudioDesk digital audio workstation.
MOTU 8pre-es Audio Interface Features
- Eight Preamps: 8 transparent mic inputs deliver 118 dB of dynamic range.
- Sabre DAC: ESS Sabre32 DAC technology delivers 123 dB dynamic range and the same audio quality as MOTU's flagship 1248.
- Digital Connectivity: Connect to your computer with Thunderbolt, Hi-Speed USB 2.0, or AVB/TSN Ethernet for up to 256 audio channels (128 in / 128 out). Class-compliant firmware and industry standard drivers work with any audio apps. The unit can even connect to an iPad with a standard camera connection kit (available separately).
- Comprehensive I/O: 28 inputs and 32 outputs including stereo S/PDIF coaxial, 16 channels of ADAT optical, dual XLR-1/4" combo jacks, eight 1/4" I/O, two independent headphone outputs, and more.
- 52 Simultaneous Audio Channels: 24 inputs and 28 outputs include eight transparent remote-controllable mic inputs, 8 TRS analog outputs, two banks of optical wordclock I/O, and two front-panel headphone jacks.
- Displays: Dual front-panel LCD screens provide visual access to robust metering and menu displays.
- Versatile Control: Easily control the interface via web app on a wired or wireless device.
- Standalone Operation: Use the interface without a computer for effects and signal routing at a live gig.
- Flexible Matrix Routing/Splitting: Send any input to any output, or to multiple outputs. You can route to and from the computer, or any device on an AVB network.
- MIDI I/O: Standard MIDI 5-pin jacks provide 16 channels of MIDI I/O.
- Footswitch Input: Enables connection of a standard foot pedal switch (available separately) for hands-free punch recording, talkback, and more.
- Expandable: Connect multiple interfaces together to expand system I/O.
- Separate Main Outs: Provides dedicated XLR main outputs for connecting to studio monitors, as well as additional balanced TRS outputs for connecting to secondary monitors.
- Dual-Headphone Outputs: Each 1/4" TRS headphone output has its own volume control and can be programmed with the same or different mixes.
- SMPTE Timecode Support: Converts SMPTE time code (LTC) to MIDI Time Code (MTC) and passes MTC on to any MTC-compatible host software.
- DC-Coupled TRS Outputs: Use the 8pre-es to manipulate and sequence voltage-controlled modular synthesizers from a host DAW.
- Audio Analysis Tools: Included software features an oscilloscope, real-time FFT analyzer, X-Y plot, and graphic phase-analysis.
- AudioDesk: Includes digital audio workstation software for Mac and Windows with 24-bit recording, 32-bit mixing and effects processing, and sample-accurate editing.
- Built-In Talkback: Integrated talkback microphone and front-panel talk button.
- Monitor Controls: Front-panel monitor level with mono, mute, and switching for two sets of monitors.
MOTU 8pre-es Audio Interface Specifications
- Connectivity: USB, Thunderbolt 2, AVB
- Simultaneous I/O: 24 x 28
- A/D Resolution: Up to 24-bit/192kHz
- Number of Preamps: 8
- Analog Inputs: 8 x XLR-1/4" combo (mic/line/Hi-Z)
- Analog Outputs: 8 x 1/4"
- Digital Inputs: 2 x Optical Toslink (ADAT)
- Digital Outputs: 2 x Optical Toslink (ADAT)
- Headphones: 2 x 1/4"
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review