The Millennia STT-1 Origin Recording System is the culmination of meticulous listening tests on innumerable circuit, topology, and packaging designs over many years of product design and development.
The Millennia STT-1 Origin Recording System is a finely tuned instrument intended for critical professional applications - many feel it offers the world's most sonically versatile "all-in-one channel strip" audio signal path, with the added benefits of selectable transformer-coupling and vacuum tubes when "euphonic enhancement" is desired. With the emergence of 24+ bit digital audio, recording engineers are faced with a new requirement for undistorted dynamic range. The STT-1 meets this challenge exceptionally well.
The STT-1 Origin is a collection of Millennia's essential product line combined into one box. You might call it Millennia's "greatest hits" compilation. The STT-1 is a single channel (mono) processing chain with various signal path topologies (vacuum tubes, discrete transistors, audio transformer, transformerless) all selectable at various functions. The STT-1 offers an entirely discrete, entirely Class-A direct signal path from input to output. The signal path can be variously selected to use vacuum tubes or transistors, transformer or non-transformer coupling. The STT-1 also offers additional monolithic utility outputs. There are (yes, we counted) at least 134 different product combinations available in the STT-1 Origin "" ranging from the most musically transparent, sonically accurate, and dynamically stable audio circuits, to sublime levels of vacuum tube and transformer 'euphony', and everything in between. The possibilities afforded the creative engineer, producer, and musician are virtually endless.
Millennia STT-1 Origin Recording System Features
- Twin Mic Preamps — M-2B vacuum tube or HV-3 discrete solid state
- Twin NSEQ-2 Mastering-Grade Parametric EQs — vacuum tube or discrete solid state
- Three Opto Compressor/Limiter Paths — TCL vacuum tube, discrete solid state, passive
- Twin Opto De-Esser Paths — vacuum tube or discrete solid state
- Vacuum tube or discrete solid state line level paths
- Input coupling with or without MIT-01 audio transformer
- 1/4” vacuum tube DI input — route via tube or solid state gain path
- Effortless, lifelike musical performance at all levels
- Musically rich vacuum tubes available
- Gold audio connectors, tube sockets, relays and switches
- 3/8“ thick radius extruded aluminum face plate
- Durable black laser-etched anodized finish
- Mil spec 16 gauge cold-rolled steel chassis
- Ultra-clean toroid power supply: internal sub-chassis
- Hand machined aluminum knobs, illuminated IT&T pushbuttons
- True audio VU meter for output level or dynamics gain reduction
- Lovingly hand-crafted in Northern California
Millennia STT-1 Origin Recording System Specifications
- Twin Topology Mic Preamplifier Selection: Switchable, Vacuum Tubes or Solid-State
- Twin Topology EQ & Compressor: Switchable, Vacuum Tubes or Solid-State
- Twin Topology Input Coupling: Switchable, Transformer or Transformerless
- Maximum Output Level (Balanced): + 32 dBu
- Frequency Response (+0 / -3 dB [S/S]): sub 5 Hz to beyond 300 kHz
- Equivalent Input Noise: -131 dBu (SS, Common Source, Direct Out)
- THD + Noise (20 Hz - 22 kHz) (S/S): < .05 %, typ < .003 %
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio (S/S): > 40 dB, Typ > 70 dB @ 60 Hz
- Input Impedance (Mic): 6,200 ohms
- Input Impedance (Line): 2,200 ohms (x2)
- Input Impedance (DI - Instrument): > 1 megohm
- Output Impedance (Balanced): 24.3 ohms (x2)
- Parametric Equalizer:
- Maximum EQ Boost/Cut Range (21 Step Detented): +/- 15 dB
- EQ Frequencies,Low Range Switch (Centers - Peak/Shelf Selectable): 20, 34, 56, 100, 180, 270
- Low Mid Sweep: 20 Hz - 220 Hz or 200 Hz - 2.2 kHz.
- 10X Range switch selectable Hi Mid Sweep: 250 Hz - 2.5 kHz or 2.5 kHz - 25 kHz.
- 10X Range switch selectable: High Range Switch (Centers - Peak/Shelf Selectable) 4.8 k, 5.8 k, 8.0 k, 10 k, 16 k, 21 k
- “Q” Range: Q = 0.4 to 4.0 Adjustable on middle ranges, Q = 1.0 Fixed on low & high ranges
- Optoelectronic Compressor/Limiter
- Threshold Range: Infinite to +20 dBu
- Attack Range: 2 ms to 100 ms
- Release Range: 80 ms to 3.0 s
- Compression Ratio Range: minimum 1.4 : 1, maximum 30 : 1
- De-Essing Frequency Switch: OFF, 4.9 k, 6.8 k, 8.2 k, 10.7 k , 12.0 k
- Power Consumption: 50 watts maximum
- Power Requirements: Selectable: 100-120, 200-240 V ac, 50/60 Hz
- Dimensions/Shipping Weight: 19” W x 3.5” H x 15.5” D, 25 lbs.
Millennia STT-1 Origin Recording System Includes
- STT-1 Origin Recording System
- IEC Power Cable
- Manufacturer Warranty
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This is beautifully crafted piece of equipment and definitely worthy of its price tag. I do not hesitate in recommending this unit to anyone looking for a channel strip that can deliver an honest, clean and refined representation of a performance. The EQ is fantastic and the compressor quite musical in how it helps control dynamics. Its ability in helping to obtain useful tracks is astounding.