Miktek DI2 Active Direct Box
The Miktek DI2 Active Direct Box is a dual channel DI designed to provide direct insertion of a stereo audio signal into a stereo mixer or recorder. It offers a variety of DI solutions for live sound and recording applications.
The Miktek DI2 Active Direct Box allows the connection of a variety of audio signals e.g. guitars, bass guitars, drum machines, keyboards, outboard signal processors, high powered speaker outputs from an amplifier, etc.
The Miktek DI2 Active Direct Box can be powered either by a single 9 volt battery or standard 48 volt phantom power. Whenever phantom power is present on the XLR cable, the Miktek DI2 Active Direct Box will automatically disconnect the 9 volt battery and switch to phantom power. When the battery switch is in, the Miktek DI2 Active Direct Box will sense the voltage and chose which is greater.The battery/phantom switch can be used to turn off the battery power when Miktek DI2 Active Direct Box is not in use.
The Miktek DI2 Active Direct Box enables you to take the signal from a guitar or bass guitar and pass the signal from the THRU output to an amplifier without affecting the original sound. This can eliminate the need for miking the amplifier, especially with bass guitar.
Because the Miktek DI2 is an active direct box with its own power supply, you can rely on an even frequency response on any audio signal you connect to regardless of its output impedance. The OUTPUT connection cancels hums/buzzes while leaving the original signal clean and pure. Besides that the Miktek DI2 Active Direct Box is also useful for connecting unbalanced signals such as DJ mixers, effects processors, and keyboards to a main PA or recording mixer.
Miktek DI2 Active Direct Box Features
- Two 1/4" inputs for a music instruments audio signal
- Two 1/4" Thru outputs for linking the audio signal to an amplifier/recorder
- Two Balanced XLR outputs to send audio signal to main mixer
- Two PAD switches for attenuating each channels input signal
- Two COMBINE switches for summing/combining the input and thru signals passively
- GROUND LIFT button to detach the XLR jak ground from the Miktek DI2 chassis
- Battery compartment at the bottom of the Miktek DI2
- Battery/Phantom switch for swapping between battery or phantom power operation
Miktek DI2 Active Direct Box Specifications
- Frequency Response: 10Hz-20kHz, -1dB
- Noise Level: -100 dBu
- THD+N: 0.013% typ. @ 1VRMS, 1kHz
- Input Impedance: Guitar -1 Meg. Ohm
- Max. Input Level (1%THD): 1%+7 dBu (9V Battery) / 0 dBu (48V Phantom Power)
- Input: 1/4" Phone Jack, unbalanced
- Thru: 1/4" Phone Jack, unbalanced
- Output: XLR Connector, balanced
- Phantom Power: 24-48 VDC
- Battery: 9V
- Dimensions: (W x D x H) 144mm x 102mm x 38mm
- Weight: 3.56 Kg
Miktek DI2 Active Direct Box Includes
- DI2 Active Direct Box
- Owners Manual
Miktek DI2 Active Direct Box Downloads
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Very good stereo DI for an amazing price. They work well and are quiet. They do require phantom power, which was not apparent from any online description. They will also work with a 9v battery.