Lynx Hilo AD/DA Converter w/ Dante
The Lynx Hilo AD/DA Converter w/ Dante takes the proven quality of Lynx' mastering grade Hilo converter, and brings it into the world of Network Audio, via CAT5 and CAT6 cabling in the Dante format!
The Lynx Hilo AD/DA Converter w/ Dante is the usual Hilo Converter you expect, but with an LT-DNT Dante Card pre-installed for interfacing over Dante Network Audio, via CAT5 or CAT 6 cabling. With the Lynx Hilo A/D D/A Converter System, Lynx has re-engineered the two-channel converter format with innovative features and control. Featuring the pristine, open, transparent audio quality for which Lynx is known, Hilo (pronounced hē-lō) provides two channels of mastering quality analog to digital conversion, up to eight channels of digital to analog conversion, a secondary monitor output, and a world class independent headphone amplifier in a compact half-rack size. A first for the pro converter market, Hilo's innovative 480 x 272 touchscreen provides a flexible and intuitive interface that can adapt to a particular application and be easily upgraded with enhancements and new features. Initial front panel controls support extensive signal routing and mixing, sample rate selection, clock source options, levels, metering and diagnostic features.
Hilo completely redefines and evolves the category of the two channel converter. Of utmost importance is the audio signal quality. The completely new design of the analog stages and converter topology for Hilo break new ground in terms of lowering distortion and noise while maintaining transparency for A/D and D/A conversion. Beyond that, Hilo offers extensive I/O capabilities and utilizes the latest FPGA technology with vast resources for control, routing, and signal processing capabilities. Also in development are diagnostic and analysis tools for Hilo. The LCD screen is a natural interface for these functions.
Crucial for mastering and critical listening, Hilo offers world class, verifiable specifications. Hilo can be powered by standard 110-230V AC power or remotely with 9-18 volts DC, allowing the use of standard video battery packs or even auto cigarette lighter connections. Hilo measures 8.50 x 3.25 x 10.00 inches, weighs 6.75 pounds and will be available with a silver or black front panel/knob option.
It is impossible to compare Hilo to other two channel AD and DA converters. In fact it is a unique product that is, at first, a little difficult to get your head around. Basically, Hilo replaces three different, critical components. Firstly, Hilo is an analog to digital converter. Secondly, it is also a digital to analog converter. With most companies, these are two separate units. Thirdly, it is an independent headphone amplifier. The headphone section has its own, dedicated D/A converter. This provides two key benefits. First this allows Hilo to offer a headphone output with exceptional clarity and noise specifications. Second, due to Hilo's internal 32 channel mixer, any input set can be routed to the headphone stereo output. This means that a mix that is entirely different from the analog outputs and monitors can be applied to the headphones.
Lynx Hilo AD/DA Converter w/ Dante Features
- Hilo is a 3 in one unit AD converter, DA converter and Headphone with its own dedicated D/A converter.
- There are three sets of analog outputs: main analog output, monitor output (with volume) and headphone output (with volume)
- The flexible digital I/O section offers the choice of AES/EBU, SPDIF by coax or TOSLINK optical, or ADAT formats
- The innovative design of the analog stage and converter topology allow ultra low noise and distortion specifications
- A 480 x 272 pixel LCD touch screen for operation and monitoring
- A 32 channel internal mixer in the updatable FPGA
- 12 total inputs, 16 total outputs plus 32 channels possible via LSlot.
- AC powered with Battery operation available
- Open ended software for future measurement, metering, diagnostic and personalization features using the touch screen LCD.
Lynx Hilo AD/DA Converter w/ Dante Specifications
- Line In
- THD+N: -114dB @1kHz, -1dBFS, 20kHz filter
- Dynamic Range: 121 dB, A-weighted, -60dBFS signal method
- Frequency Resp.: ± 0.01 dB, 20 "" 20kHz
- Crosstalk: 130 dB maximum @ 1kHz, -1dBFS signal
- Line Out
- THD+N: -109dB @1kHz, -1dBFS, 20kHz filter
- Dynamic Range: 121 dB, A- weighted, -60dBFS signal method
- Frequency Resp.: ± 0.01 dB, 20 "" 20kHz
- Crosstalk: -120 dB maximum @ 1kHz, -1dBFS signal
Lynx Hilo AD/DA Converter w/ Dante Includes
- Hilo AD/DA Converter
- LT-DNT Dante Card pre-installed
- Power cable
- One Year Warranty
Lynx Hilo AD/DA Converter w/ Dante Downloads
What We Think
"The Lynx Hilo is perhaps the best value in an audio interface / digital converter on the market today. Think about it... how much would you spend on all the various components to accomplish all the necessary tasks that the Hilo will superbly do? Much more! The Hilo is perfectly at home in the recording studio as a stereo mix bus converter, in the field as a compact and relatively portable AD/DA interface and headphone amp, and as someone's primary interface for making music - just add the preamps and monitors of your choice and you're on your way - in style. The touchscreen menus are laid out in a simple fashion and offers incredibly realistic ballistics when displaying the PPM and VU meters. Gotta love the VU needles! But the sound is truly fantastic. Lynx really raised the bar - even for them, considering the legacy of their popular Aurora converters."
Front End Audio
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review