Little Labs PCP Instrument Distro
The Little Labs PCP Instrument Distro; designed to eliminate the many headaches involved in recording guitars, it is also an invaluable tool in live guitar sound, and as an aid when utilizing vintage guitar effects on any instrument.
So, what does the Little Labs PCP do, exactly? Well, probably a better question is, "What DOES'NT it do?"
The Little Labs PCP contains:
- A one-in three-out guitar splitter (five when using the mult and line driver) featuring transformer isolated guitar level/impedance outputs with phase reverse, ground lift, and level adjust on each output.
- An audiophile direct box and guitar cable line driver designed with the same circuit topology as the Little Labs Multi Z DI.
- Three professional-level to guitar impedance-level interfaces for re-amping.
Basically, you are able to take the DI signal of your guitar (-10dBv) and immediately interface it with professional +4dBu level equipment (like a Pultec EQ or an LA-2A, for instance), and then route back through the PCP and record that signal while also sending it on to a guitar amplifier.
It also works in the opposite direction as well. If you want to run a pre-recorded or line level signal out through a stomp-box guitar pedal, then you can do that, and then re-optimize that signal to be recorded again at +4dBu line level. Ingenious.
The PCP is a work-bench for those who want to take crafting guitar sounds to an entirely new level for themselves. The PCP has been helping the biggest and most innovative names in guitar and recording for many years, and is a cornerstone product of the Little Labs brand.
Partial User List: Joe Baressi, Tchad Blake, Mike Campbell, Joe Chicarelli, Billy Corgan, Karl Derfler, George Drakoulias, Bob Ezrin, John Fogerty, Billy Gibbons, Josh Homme, Matt Hyde, John Paterno, Nick Raskulinecz, Gggarth Richardson, David S Sardy, Jim Scott, Don Smith, Neil Young...
The PCP is really amazing, it does a lot, but what I really dig is it allows me to use my vintage effects on everything, its my ultimate studio tool.
- JOE BARRESI
The PCP I use at every stage of recording, its the best piece of gear i own (except for my 72 black Les Paul Custom).
- NICK RASKULINECZ
Little Labs PCP Instrument Distro Features
- Is a one-in three-out guitar splitter (expandable to two-in six-out) featuring transformer isolated guitar level/impedance outputs with phase reverse, ground lift, and level adjust on each output.
- Is an Audiophile highest quality line level direct box.
- Allows three +4 dB balanced pro level inputs, which can be summed together as well as with the instrument input, to feed the guitar level/impedance outputs for feeding guitar pedals/effects and or amplifiers for "re-amping", thus easily enabling, like never before, doubling of guitar parts through the instrument amp.
- Is a guitar line driver for when a low output impedance is necessary to drive a long cable (utilizing a combo or twin amp and you need to play in the control room).
- Allows prerecorded direct guitar parts to be utilized live, through the guitar amp, allowing the guitar player to play along without missing a lick.
- Has NO modern hierarchical menus. Use your imagination. The possibilities are limitless.
- This box is a professional, well made, robust, super flexible, and easy to use tool.
- Selectable Power Supply: 120v-230v
- Three year Warranty.
Little Labs PCP Instrument Distro Includes
- PCP Instrument Distro
- Power Supply
- Manual & Literature
- 3 Year Warranty
Little Labs PCP Instrument Distro Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review