The Lindell Audio 6X-500VIN 500-Series Preamp & EQ is a Vintage Edition single-channel transformer-coupled mic preamp along with a passive 2-band Pultec-style equalizer.
This all-discrete design, based upon the highly respected VIntage 1731 amplifier, gives you an EQ section with the magical sound of a classic Pultec. With a 15db boost of the silkiest high end you'll ever hear and stunningly punchy low end, you'll wonder how Lindell managed to stuff a Pultec into this little module. Arm your studio with the fast, in-your-face sound of the delightfully affordable Lindell Audio 6X-500VIN.
Lindell Audio 6X-500VIN 500-Series Preamp & EQ Features
- Transformer coupled balanced inputs and balanced outputs
- Up to 65db of gain
- Passive Pultec Equalizer; inductor plus Vintage OPA gain make-up amplifier
- 3-step switched EQ low frequency boost: 30Hz, 60Hz, 100Hz (+/- 10%)
- 3-step switched EQ high frequency boost: 6kHz, 10kHz, 16kHz (+/- 10%)
- Selectable high boost bandwidth on PCB
- Polarity reverse
- All discrete Vintage OPA1731
- 48V phantom power
- 5-LED VU meters
- Gold Plated Pcb
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
If you like the LINDELL AUDIO general product format sound, you won't be disappointed with the 6X-500VIN mic-pre. As advertised, the addition of the 2-band passive Pultec-style EQ offers a lot of tonal color and punch to the output of this mic-pre. LOUD, but also smooth and clean with a wide range of instrument applications, including drums and room mics. I have 2 of these mic-pre's in my R6 rack.