Heil PR77D Dynamic Microphone
The Heil PR77D Dynamic Microphone is a large-diaphragm dynamic microphone designed to provide focused directionality, full-range frequency response, and a vintage appearance for use on vocals and instruments in podcasting, radio, broadcast, recording, and live stage applications.
It features a classic side-address design based upon popular RCA microphones from the 50s and 60s. Its cardioid polar pattern delivers 40 dB of attenuation 180° off-axis, resulting in a tight pickup area and minimized bleed. With a high maximum SPL of 146 dB, it can handle a range of sources from vocals and horns to close-miked drums and guitar cabinets. It offers a 40 Hz to 18 kHz frequency response with a selectable high-pass filter at 80 Hz. The integrated microphone mount allows you to attach it directly to a mic stand without the use of an additional clip or shockmount. The PR 77's standard XLR 3-pin output ensures compatibility with most microphone preamps. This mic is also available in a unique purple finish, as the PR77DP.
Heil PR77D Dynamic Microphone Features
- Classic side-address design based upon a vintage RCA microphone
- Cardioid polar pattern provides enhanced off-axis rejection (-40 dB at rear of mic)
- 40 Hz to 18 kHz frequency response with a slight presence boost
- High maximum SPL of 146 dB
- Selectable -6 dB/octave high-pass filter at 80 Hz
- Integrated U-mount microphone holder features a 5/8"-27 thread for direct attachment to a mic stand
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Equipment worked perfectly and shipping was prompt