The Great River MP-2NV Preamp is a pair of preamps that offers the same definitive sonic fidelity and expert craftsmanship as all Great River products, with the ability to fine-tune gain effects like 1970's-era 1073's!
The Great River MP-2NV Preamp greatly modernizes and improves classic British design. This single-rack-space pair of preamps offer the same definitive sonic fidelity and expert craftsmanship as all Great River products, with the ability to fine-tune gain effects like 1970's-era 1073's. Transparency and vintage harmonic structure are both achieved with NV-Series preamps.
The Great River MP-2NV Preamp achieves "new classic" performance status with two discrete Class-A gain stages (the dual gain-stage meters are a Great River exclusive), a front-panel DI input jack which is routed via FET through the input transformer (also unique to Great River preamps) for must-hear-to-believe sound from all hi-Z instruments, and a discrete high-current Class-A "big iron" transformer-coupled output amplifier. The MP-2NV is a fundamentally important audio tool that brings out the best in every microphone and instrument.
Great River MP-2NV Preamp Features
- Multiple In/Out connections: XLR balanced; ¼" -10dbV output for 'no-latency' DAW monitoring; high-Z input on front panel (disconnects mic input): TRS ¼" insert patch point for compressor or equalizer ahead of the output amplifier
- Adjustable gain stages: input in 5db steps to 60db; output from -25 to +10db; maximum overall gain 70db; 2 to 3 stages of single ended solid state amplifier gain blocks, depending on gain structure; high-current 70ma Class A bias on output stage
- Input and output meters on each channel (dual-stage metering is a Great River exclusive)
- Front panel switches: polarity; phantom power; input impedance (1200 / 300 ohm); output loading (600 ohm resistor across output transformer)
- High quality, custom wound Sowter transformers
- Gold plated switching contacts
- Local power supply regulation on each channel
- 110 or 220 volt operation with external selection, either 50 or 60 Hz
- 3 year warranty with registration
- Single rack space with internal power supply
Great River MP-2NV Preamp Benefits
- 'Big Iron Vintage Sound' from custom-wound transformers
- 'No-latency' output monitoring for DAW users
- High-Z input is ideal for bass, guitar, and sound modules (FET-buffered and routed into the input transformer, a Great River exclusive)
- Gain stage monitoring via dual meters (also a Great River exclusive)
- Ultra quiet noise floor for outstanding performance at any gain setting
- Excellent stereo imaging (nearly identical phase response channel-to-channel)
Great River MP-2NV Preamp Downloads
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
simply stunningMay 26th 2011
This is a great, versatile mic pre. Built like a tank, and full of glorious transformer goodness. The ability to hang gear off the inserts or to utilize the output trim relative to the input gain can really help dial in the right amount of transformer saturation. I went over the top on my last session for a bass chain...REDDI DI for "tube warmth" through the great river for some beefy iron transformer saturation, through a distressor for a few db of compression...wow...HUGE! worked for the production though!