The Fredenstein Artistic MicPre Plus 500-Series Preamp is a high-performance 500 Series microphone preamp with 100% discrete signal path. Featuring Fredenstein's proprietary OPA2 operational amplifier and an American-made steel-core output transformer, it delivers big, bold vintage-inspired sound with clarity and detail.
The Fredenstein Artistic MicPre Plus 500-Series Preamp features a revolutionary tube type distortion circuit. The variable color control allows to adjust this feature from very subtle to extremely pronounced. In addition, the Color feature is also level dependent in the same way tube gear behaves. Variable color enables a myriad of new creative possibilities and prevents cold and stale sounds. Turning the Color knob all the way counter clockwise, the Color LED turns off and the Color circuit is completely disabled.
Another key component to achieve best performance levels is the OPA2 discrete audio operational amplifier. As all Fredenstein products, it is not a copy of an older design, but a proprietary design manufactured in SMT technology. Matched and integrated dual input transistors guarantee vastly improved specifications compared to older designs. The OPA2, following the tradition of well known manufactures, is socketed and can be exchanged without tools. The industry standard pin-out makes it compatible with many manufactures. The sound is further defined by the American-made steel-core output transformer, which is known for its smooth vintage sound without being dark or just “mid-rangy”.
A 2 Mega Ohms high impedance direct input is located on the front-panel, it accepts balanced and unbalanced signals, the rear microphone input is automatically disconnected when a plug is inserted in the DI connector. The Fredenstein Artistic MicPre Plus features a maximum gain of 65 dB, a 20 dB Pad, switchable polarity, selectable input impedance, and Phantom-Power support. The output level is indicated with a SIG and a +20dB LED.
As all Fredenstein products, the Artistic MicPre Plus is designed by a German-American team and manufactured in Taiwan.
Fredenstein Artistic MicPre Plus 500-Series Preamp Features
- High-performance 500 Series microphone preamp
- 100% discrete signal path
- 65dB of gain handles your low-output dynamic and passive ribbon mics
- US-made steel-core output transformer for big, clear, punchy sound
- Proprietary OPA2 op-amp for vintage tone with state-of-the-art performance
- 20dB Pad, switchable polarity, selectable input impedance, and 48V phantom power
Fredenstein Artistic MicPre Plus 500-Series Preamp Specifications
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz – 20,000 Hz, +/- 1 dB
- Distortion: < 0.02% at +4 dBu Output Level (Color Off)
- Input Noise: < -127 dB
- Input Impedance: > 1500 Ohms Normal or 300 Ohms Low-Z On
- DI Impedance: > 2 Mega Ohms
- Max. Input Level: + 24 dBu, Pad Activated
- Max Input Level DI: + 18 dBu Balanced or Unbalanced
- Output Impedance: 600 Ohms
- Max. Output Level: + 26 dBu
- Input Attenuator: - 20 dB (Switchable Pad)
Fredenstein Artistic MicPre Plus 500-Series Preamp Includes
- 1 x Fredenstein Artistic MicPre Plus 500-Series Preamp
- 1 Year Warranty
Fredenstein Artistic MicPre Plus 500-Series Preamp Downloads
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
nice tube emulation, great choice if ya don't wanna deal with power hungry tubes, not as tolerant and pushable as tube, but great if you wanna clean grimy sound