The Electro Voice RE320 Dynamic Microphone is a professional-grade dynamic microphone designed specifically for recording and sound reinforcement applications requiring extremely low noise and the best possible tonal and transient response.
The Electro Voice RE320 Dynamic Microphone is ideal for capturing vocal and instrument sources, and delivers unparalleled detail, dynamic content, and natural tone. Utilizing the same humbucking coil technology found in the RE20 and RE27N/D to arrest electro magnetic field interference introduced by sources close "to the microphone", the Electro Voice RE320 produces an ultra-quiet signal path free from the hum and buzz found in other dynamic microphones.
The Electro Voice RE320 incorporates a two-position "Dual Personality" frequency response switch which allows engagement of two vastly different performance curves.
Variable D® is Electro-Voice's exclusive solution to the tonal changes associated with the proximity effect found in other directional microphones. Providing balanced and uniform frequency response up to 180° off-axis, the result is always stable and linear tonal performance, even when the sound source is moving around the mic. Ideal for capturing the critical details of voice, amplified, and acoustic instruments, Variable-D® capsules deliver impeccably smooth and natural tone on virtually any sound source.
Electro Voice RE320 Dynamic Microphone Features
- Variable-D pattern control minimizes positional and off-axis tonal shifts
- Integrated humbucking coil and integral pop filters provide virtually noiseless performance
- Unique dual-voicing switch selects from two response curves
- Kick drum curve is ideal for bass drum micing
- General curve is ideal for other instruments and voice
- Extremely durable build, fit and finish
Electro Voice RE320 Dynamic Microphone Specifications
- Generating Element: Dynamic neodymium magnet
- Frequency Response: 30-18000 Hz (kick curve) 45-18000 Hz (general curve)
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Impedance: 150 ohms balanced
- Sensitivity, Open Circuit Voltage, 1 KHz: 2.5 mV/pascal
- Hum Pickup Level, Typical (60 Hz/1 milliosted field): -130 dBm
- Case Material: Steel
- Length: 216.7 mm (8.53 in)
- Widest Diameter: 54.4 mm (2.14 in)
- Body Diameter: 49.2 mm (1.94 in)
- Finish: Semi-gloss black
- Net Weight: 681 g (1 lb 8 oz)
- Shipping Weight: 1044 g (3 lb 5 oz)
Electro Voice RE320 Dynamic Microphone Includes
- Electro Voice RE320 Dynamic Mic
- 309A Suspension Shock Mount
- 78297 Replacement Rubber Suspension Cords
- WSPL-2 Foam Windscreen
- 81715 Stand Clamp
3 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I picked this up to see what the "Dual Personality" curve was all about. I absolutely LOVE the RE20 so I wanted to see this in action. It's NOT an RE20, but in a VERY good way. It's certainly a bright mic for a dynamic, but not overly so. Tonally this rests comfortably between the RE20 and RE27. With the switch in kick mode, getting a great kick tone quickly is VERY easy (love this when I do rapid-fire set ups during festivals and multiple band charity events where sound check time is limited). The kick mode is also really pleasing for deep male voices and stunning for voice overs! The flat mode is great on just about everything I've tried it on. Doesn't replace an RE20, but at the price, there's no reason not to have one of these!
What a solid microphone. I got the RE320 as a good all-purpose dynamic mic for kick drums, guitar amps, and vocals, etc. and it accomplishes them all very well and then some. The frequency response switch is really helpful when dealing with different sources, as the kick drum voicing and the "flat" setting are both great. Its behavior in regard to the proximity effect are both practical and rewarding, just like an RE20, and based on my use, it must have a pretty high SPL tolerance. All in all an outstanding mic for the money - I think I'll get another one!
very good service fast delivery and good customer care