Electro Voice RE27N/D Microphone
The Electro Voice RE27N/D Microphone is a high-performance broadcast microphone offering superb resolution and depth making it a favorite of recording studios and live sound engineers around the world.
The Electro Voice RE27N/D Microphone is a professional, dynamic cardioid microphone designed for broadcast, recording and sound reinforcement applications. Much like the RE20, the Electro Voice RE27N/D is a standard in radio and television, but remains a proven tool in the recording studio as well. Considered an improvement on the RE20, the Electro Voice 27N/D features a Neodymium based magnet which greatly improves sensitivity, frequency response and SPL handling, resulting in higher gain (up to 6dB more output) while keeping the noise floor low. In addition, a highly effective hum-bucking coil is used to attenuate hum from lighting, bad grounds and other sources.
Due to it's variable D design, the Electro Voice RE27N/D Microphone is virtually free of bass-boosting "proximity effect" when used close. The result is smooth, even frequency response no matter the proximity and position of the speaker. Because of it's dynamic element, the Electro Voice RE27N/D also features excellent transient (peak) response.
In addition the Electro Voice RE27N/D Microphone features an internal blast filter, completely covering every opening. Singers and talkers can literally touch the microphone with their lips without worry of "pops" or excessive sibilance. The cardioid polar pattern effectively minimizes room ambiance and off-axis noise. The greatest attenuation occurs at 180 degrees, directly behind the microphone.
Electro Voice RE27N/D Microphone Features
- Variable-D™ for minimal proximity effect
- Neodymium element design brings 6 dB more sensitivity
- Ultra-flat frequency response
- Studio condenser-like performance
- 3 Selectable filters (-6 dB from 250-100 Hz, -12 dB from 1000-100 Hz and -3 dB high frequency roll-off)
- Integral wind and blast filters
Electro Voice RE27N/D Microphone Specifications
- Connector Type: 3-Pin XLR
- Diameter (Max): 54mm (2.13")
- Element: Dynamic
- Family: RE Series Live Performance
- Frequency Response (-3 dB): 45 - 20,000 Hz
- Impedance, Low-Z Balanced: 150O
- Mic Type: Vocal/Instrument
- Open Circuit Voltage: 2.5mV/Pascal
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Power Requirement: Passive
- Wired/Wireless: Wired
- Case Material: Steel
- Finish: Satin Nickel
- Height: 217mm (8.54")
- Net Weight: 25.01oz (709g)
Electro Voice RE27N/D Microphone Includes
- Electro Voice RE27N/D Microphone
- 81715 Stand Clamp
Electro Voice RE27N/D Microphone Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review