Electro Voice RE27N/D Cardioid Microphone
The Electro Voice RE 27 N/D is a professional, dynamic cardioid microphone designed for broadcast, recording and sound reinforcement applications.Electro Voice RE27N/D Details
The Electro Voice RE27N/D is a professional, dynamic cardioid microphone designed for broadcast, recording and sound reinforcement applications. Much like the RE20, the RE27N/D is a standard in radio and television, but remains a proven tool in the recording studio as well. Considered an improvement on the RE20, the 27N/D features a Neodymium based magnet which greatly improves sensitivity, frequency response and SPL handling, resulting in higher gain (up to 6dB more output) while keeping the noise floor low. In addition, a highly effective hum-bucking coil is used to attenuate hum from lighting, bad grounds and other sources.
Due to it's variable D design, the microphone is virtually free of bass-boosting "proximity effect" when used close. The result is smooth, even frequency response no matter the proximity and position of the speaker.Because of it's dynamic element, the RE27N/D also features excellent transient (peak) response. In addition the microphone features an internal blast filter, completely covering every opening. Singers and talkers can literally touch the microphone with their lips without worry of "pops" or excessive sibilance. The cardioid polar pattern effectively minimizes room ambiance and off-axis noise. The greatest attenuation occurs at 180 degrees, directly behind the microphone.
Electro Voice RE27N/D Features
- Neodymium Based Magnet: The microphone is designed around a Neodymium based magnet, greatly improving sensitivity, output gain structure and frequency response.
- Cardioid Pattern: The RE27N/D features a cardioid polar pattern which is effective minimizing off-axis noise and ambiance.
- Internal Windscreen: An internal blast and wind filter eliminates "pop" and wind noise at the closest proximity.
- Bass Tilt Down Switch: The "bass tilt down" switch corrects spectrum balance for use in long reach situations and eliminates low frequency noise and rumble.
- Flat Frequency Response: The RE27N/D's flat frequency response remains flat even at extremely close proximities.
- Transducer: Dynamic (with Neodymium Magnet)
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 45 Hz - 18 kHz
- Dynamic Range (Typical): not specified by manufacturer
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: Hum Pickup Level, typical (60Hz / 1 milliOersted field) -130dBm
- Power Requirements: None Dynamic, Requires No Phantom or Battery Power
- Output Impedance: 150 Ohms
- Output Connectors: XLR-3M Type
- Pad: No
- Low Frequency Roll-Off: No
- Dimensions: 8.53 x 2.14" (216.7 x 54.4mm) LxDdiameter
- Weight: 1 lb. 10 oz. (737 g)
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review