Earthworks QTC40MP Ultra-Quiet Omni Microphones (Matched Pair)
The Earthworks QTC40 is designed for recording quieter sources such as vocals, strings, woodwinds, and distant-miked orchestras or choirs. For classical location recording a matched pair will provide spectacular results.
Earthworks QTC40 Ultra-Quiet Omnidirectional Time Coherent Microphone Details
Earthworks QTC40 is an omnidirectional (pressure) prepolarized condenser microphone directly coupled to a dedicated wideband, low output impedance preamplifier. The QTC40 requires a standard 48V phantom power supply. It features an extended linear free-field frequency response from 4Hz to 40kHz (Fig. 2), extremely fast impulse response (Fig. 3), low self-noise, very low handling noise, uniform polar pattern, and high SPL handling capabilities. It exhibits no proximity effect.
Each microphone is delivered with its own calibration chart providing the individually measured frequency response curve. A mounting clip is included with the microphone.
Earthworks QTC40 is easy to operate. Connect the microphone to a microphone preamplifier supplying 48V phantom power using a standard XLR microphone cable. Please allow up to one minute for the microphone to settle. Plugging in the microphone â??hotâ? (phantom power already present at the input) will not damage the microphone, and is actually preferred for faster settling. It is normal for any phantom powered mic to â??popâ? when plugged in or powered up. Make sure to mute the signal to speakers or headphones when phantom power is first applied.
The QTC40 is designed for recording quieter sources such as vocals, strings, woodwinds, and distant-miked orchestras or choirs. For classical location recording a matched pair will provide spectacular results. It is ideal for quieter, more detailed sources and does not have most of the problems and limitations generally associated with competitive microphones. Its impulse response and diaphragm settling time is exceptional, resulting in very natural and uncolored sound.
This microphone has no removable parts.
Earthworks QTC40 Ultra-Quiet Omnidirectional Time Coherent Microphone Features
- Frequency response to 40kHz
- Perfect for recording the accuracy and full detail of instruments in the studio yet robust and subtle enough to record bird sounds in the jungle
- Ideal for quieter, more detailed sources and does not have most of the problems and limitations generally associated with competitive microphones
- Omnidirectional polar pattern
- Accurate and uncolored
- QTC microphones handle sound levels up to 142dB with no proximity effect or handling noise
- All models are available in matched pairs
- No handling noise
Earthworks QTC40 Ultra-Quiet Omnidirectional Time Coherent Microphone Specifications
- Frequency response: 4Hz to 40kHz Â±1dB
- Polar Pattern: Omnidirectional (Fig. 4)
- Sensitivity: 30mV/Pa (Typical)
- Power Requirements: 48V Phantom, 10mA
- Peak Acoustic Input: 142dB SPL
- Output: XLR (Fig. 1)
- Output Impedance: 100Ω, balanced (50Ω ea. pin 2 & 3)
- Minimum Load: 600Ω btw. pins 2 & 3
- Noise: 22dBA equivalent
- Dimensions (L x D): 229 x 22 mm (9 x .860 in.)
- Weight: 225g (.5lb)
Earthworks QTC40 Ultra-Quiet Omnidirectional Time Coherent Microphone Downloads
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Got these, love them on everything. Want more earthworks!!!!
i've been using a matched pair of these for room/audience mics or front of stage mics for live recording for the last 6 years...and i still love them! they have stood the test of time and hold their own against the best sdc omni mics available. i keep telling myself i'll try them as overheads, but i just love the way they image so well to get the "big picture" of a performance, i never put 'em there but my partner did it on a jazz session not long ago and the drums are so alive it is unreal!