The Earthworks FW730 Cardioid FlexWand Microphone System is an integrated microphone system designed for miking choirs. A unique combination of microphone, microphone boom and stand with cast iron base, the FW730 provides near perfect polar response and the ability to reject sounds from the rear of the mic, making it a perfect solution for choirs and vocal groups.
The Earthworks FW730 Cardioid FlexWand Microphone System is a combination of a High Definition Microphone and a low profile microphone stand and boom as a single unit. It allows the microphone head to be positioned as high as 7 feet and as low as 1.5 feet from the floor or anywhere in between. Best of all there are no visible wires or cables above floor level. Visually it is low profile, smooth, sleek and clean. The Earthworks FW730 FlexWand is the ideal solution for applications where the utmost in sound quality and a low profile is required.
When you do not want to compromise appearance for sound quality, the Earthworks FW730 FlexWand provides the best of both worlds. Combining a 30kHz cardioid microphone, low profile microphone stand and boom as a single freestanding unit, the Earthworks FW730 delivers a low profile and flexible miking solution for choirs and other applications. Its near-perfect cardioid polar pattern is consistent across all frequencies, which simplifies microphone placement and and ensures more gain before feedback. With 32dB of rear rejection, it is ideal for live performances where there may be bleed from surrounding instruments.
The Earthworks FW730 FlexWand’s wide coverage area allows for the use of fewer Earthworks microphones with better coverage and sound quality. And there is no spotlighting, so no one voice will stand out ahead of the rest. Instead, your choir will sound like a unified voice instead of a bunch of separate voices. Beyond its improved audio performance and coverage, the Earthworks FW730 FlexWand is designed with functionality in mind. The microphone head can be positioned as high as 7 feet and as low as 1.5 feet from the floor or anywhere in between, allowing a nearly unlimited number of microphone positioning options.
Additionally, there are no visible wires or cables above floor level. Instead, the microphone cable plugs into the base of the microphone, making it incredibly low profile and clean. While designed with the needs of choirs and orchestras in mind, the Earthworks FW730 is also highly effective for drums and percussion, electric and acoustic instruments and speech.
Standing 7’ 2” tall and measuring just .75 inches at its widest point, the Earthworks FW730 FlexWand provides both height and a very low profile appearance, virtually disappearing from sightlines in the congregation, audience or on camera. The Earthworks FW730 incorporates a large flex section near the center of the stand that couples the stand and the wand, allowing you to adjust the microphone from its tallest height at 7’ 2” (2.18m) to 1.5’ (0.45m) above the ground and anywhere in between. The mini-gooseneck between the end of the wand and the microphone head lets you precisely and quickly position the microphone for optimal coverage. The sturdy cast iron base provides enough weight so that there is no concern of the Earthworks FW730 FlexWand™ falling over if it is bumped into. Rather, the microphone easily stabilizes itself. Optional 2 and 3 foot extensions available separately for added height.
Earthworks FW730 Cardioid FlexWand Microphone System Features
- Uniform frequency response on or off axis
- Frequency response up to 30kHz
- Near perfect polar response and the ability to reject sounds from the rear of the microphone
- A perfect solution for choirs and vocal groups
- Substantial improvement in gain before feedback
- Handles high sound pressure levels with high rejection of sounds to the rear of the microphone
- Ideal where bands or orchestras are placed in front of a choir, as the Earthworks FW730 FlexWand™ will reject much of the sound of the band or orchestra
- The near perfect polar response allows the use of fewer microphones on choir, with better sound quality
- No spotlighting and incredible rejection of sounds from the rear of the microphone
- The sturdy 12 pound cast iron base will not allow the microphone to be accidentally knocked over
Earthworks FW730 Cardioid FlexWand Microphone System Applications
- Acoustic Guitar
- Bass Amp
- Brass Instrument
- Drum Overhead
- Guitar Amp
- String Instruments
Earthworks FW730 Cardioid FlexWand Microphone System Specifications
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 30kHz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Sensitivity: 10mV/Pa (-40dBV/Pa)
- Power Requirements: 24 – 48V Phantom, 10mA
- Max Acoustic Input: 145dB SPL
- Output: XLR (pin 2+)
- Output Impedance: 65O balanced (between pins 2 & 3)
- Min Output Load: 600O between pins 2 & 3
- Noise: 16dB SPL equivalent (A weighted)
- Positioning Range: From 1.5 ft. to 7 ft. above floor level
- Dimensions: Stand 7’ 2” long (2.18m), Base 12” (30.5cm) in diameter, (2.7cm) high
- Color: Stand, flex & wand – black, base – dark gray
- Weight: Stand 2 lbs. (.9 kg), Base 12.6 lbs. (5.7kg)
Earthworks FW730 Cardioid FlexWand Microphone System Includes
- Earthworks FW730 Cardioid FlexWand Microphone
- FlexWand Stand
- Cast Iron Base for Stand
- PW1 Foam Windscreen
- User Manual
- Manufacturer Warranty
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review