Earthworks DM20 Microphone
The Earthworks DM20 Microphone is a cardioid condenser mic designed for close miking tom and snare in live performance and studio recording environments.
Whether onstage or in the studio, the Earthworks DM20 Microphone captures a drum sound that is larger than life. Onstage the Earthworks DM20 Microphone delivers sound so detailed and natural that the sound coming out of the PA sounds like the drummer is right in front of you. For recording, the Earthworks DM20 Microphone will reproduce your toms and snare with incredible detail and pristine sound, faithfully reproducing their true character.
The Earthworks DM20 Microphone's near-perfect cardioid polar pattern is consistent across all frequencies, simplifying mic placement, virtually eliminating phasing issues and ensuring more gain before feedback. The transient response is lightning fast, handling sharp attacks with ease, while still picking up all of the subtle nuances and softest dynamics of your playing. Even the loudest drummer cannot overload the Earthworks DM20 DrumMic, which can handle up to 150dB SPL.
Designed to withstand the rigors of the road while still delivering the sound quality Earthworks is known for, the Earthworks DM20 DrumMic provides the best of both worlds. Capable of withstanding a stray stick hit, the Earthworks DM20 Microphone removes the worry of close miking snare and toms. Its right angle microphone head lets you easily and precisely position the microphone to get the best drum sound. Featuring a stiff yet flexible gooseneck, the microphone will stay up once you have found its sweet spot.
Included with the Earthworks DM20 Microphone is an RM1 RimMount for mounting the microphone directly on the rim of a snare or toms, eliminating the need for mic stands. Plus, save time on setup and teardown by storing the Earthworks DM20 Microphone with the RM1 still attached in its carrying case.
Earthworks DM20 Microphone Features
- Extended frequency response from 50Hz-20kHz to capture more detail and dynamics of your playing
- Ultra fast impulse response makes this microphone ideal for reproducing the full detail of the attack (note: impulse response has little to do with low frequency sounds)
- Shorter diaphragm settling time prevents subtle details from being blurred by earlier loud attacks
- Near-perfect cardioid polar pattern reproduces all specified frequencies uniformly at any position within the pattern
- With 32dB of rear rejection, it is ideal for live performances or recording environments where there may be bleed from surrounding instruments
- High gain before feedback
- 150dB SPL capability ensures the mic will not overload from the loudest of drum attacks
- A right angle mic head is mounted to the gooseneck for easy positioning
- The microphone head housing is designed to protect the microphone capsule and withstand a direct hit from a drumstick
- Stiff mini-gooseneck that will not move when the drums are hit hard
- Heavy stainless steel construction is able to withstand the punishment of touring
Earthworks DM20 Microphone Specifications
- Frequency Response: 50Hz to 20kHz ±2dB at 6 inches (15cm)
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Sensitivity: 8mV/Pa (-42dBV/Pa)
- Power Requirements: 24-48V Phantom, 10mA
- Max Acoustic Input: 150dB SPL
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 74dB A-weighted
- Output: XLR (pin 2+)
- Output Impedance: 200O balanced (between pins 2 & 3)
- Min Output Load: 1000O between pins 2 & 3
- Noise: 20dB SPL equivalent (A weighted)
- Dimensions: L x D: 282mm x 22mm (11.12 x .860 inches)
- Gooseneck Length: 121mm (4.75 inches)
- Weight: .55 lb. (.25kg)
Earthworks DM20 Microphone Includes
- (1) PW1 Foam Windscreen
- (1) RM1 RimMount
Earthworks DM20 Microphone Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review