Earthworks DM20 Microphone
The Earthworks DM20 Microphone is a precision engineered cardioid condenser microphone designed for close miking tom and snare in live performance and studio recording environments.
The Earthworks DM20 Microphone provides more detail in the attack in addition to subtle details that you have never heard before using conventional microphones. Whether onstage or in the studio, the Earthworks DM20 captures a drum sound that is larger than life. Onstage the Earthworks DM20 delivers sound so detailed and natural that the sound coming out of the PA sounds like the drummer is right in front of you. For recording, it will reproduce your toms and snare with incredible detail and pristine sound, faithfully reproducing their true character.
Its near-perfect cardioid polar pattern is consistent across all frequencies, simplifying mic placement, virtually eliminating phasing issues and ensuring more gain before feedback. The Earthworks DM20 transient response is lightning fast, handling sharp attacks with ease, while still picking up all of the subtle nuances and softest dynamics of your playing. Even the loudest drummer cannot overload the Earthworks DM20 DrumMic™, which can handle up to 150dB SPL.
Designed to withstand the rigors of the road while still delivering the sound quality Earthworks is known for, the Earthworks DM20 DrumMic™ provides the best of both worlds. Capable of withstanding a stray stick hit, the Earthworks DM20 removes the worry of close miking snare and toms. Its right angle microphone head lets you easily and precisely position the microphone to get the best drum sound. Featuring a stiff yet flexible gooseneck, the microphone will stay put once you have found its sweet spot.
Included with the Earthworks DM20 is an RM1 RimMount™ for mounting the microphone directly on the rim of a snare or toms, eliminating the need for mic stands. Plus, save time on setup and teardown by storing the Earthworks DM20 with the RM1 still attached in its carrying case.
Earthworks DM20 Microphone Features
- Extended frequency response from 20Hz-20kHz to capture more detail and dynamics of your playing
- Ultra fast impulse response makes this microphone ideal for reproducing the full detail of the attack
- Shorter diaphragm settling time prevents subtle details from being blurred by earlier loud attacks
- Near-perfect cardioid polar pattern reproduces all specified frequencies uniformly at any position within the pattern
- With over 30dB of rear rejection, it is ideal for live performances or recording environments where there may be bleed from surrounding instruments
- High gain before feedback
- 150dB SPL capability ensures the mic will not overload from the loudest of drum attacks
- A right angle mic head is mounted to the gooseneck for easy positioning
- The microphone head housing is designed to protect the microphone capsule and withstand a direct hit from a drumstick
- Stiff mini-gooseneck that will not move when the drums are hit hard
- Heavy stainless steel construction is able to withstand the punishment of touring
- RM1 RimMount™ mounts the Earthworks DM20 on rim of snare or toms
Earthworks DM20 Microphone Applications
Earthworks DM20 Microphone Specifications
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Sensitivity: 3mV/Pa (-50dBV/Pa)
- Power Requirements: 24-48V Phantom, 10mA
- Max Acoustic Input: 150dB SPL
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 74dB A-weighted
- Output: XLR (pin 2+)
- Output Impedance: 200O balanced (between pins 2 & 3)
- Min Output Load: 1000O between pins 2 & 3
- Noise: 20dB SPL equivalent (A weighted)
- Dimensions L x D: 282mm x 22mm (11.12 x .860 inches)
- Gooseneck Length: 121mm (4.75 inches)
- Weight: .55 lb. (.25kg)
Earthworks DM20 Microphone Includes
- Earthworks DM20 Microphone
- PW1 Foam Windscreen
- RM1 RimMount™
- User Manual
- 15 Year Warranty
Earthworks DM20 Microphone Downloads
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Best Mics I ever used!! Sound is incredibly accurate. Front End Rocks!