The Earthworks 1022 Microphone Preamp is a two channel mic preamp, based on the philosophy of sonic excellence in electronics. Housed in 1 rack space, its extended frequency response and faster, cleaner time domain performance yields more life-like results.
The Earthworks 1022 Microphone Preamp is the quietest mic preamp currently available on the market! It is one of the ZDT Zero Distortion Preamplifier™ series based on discrete circuitry designed by David Blackmer, establishing a new standard of sonic excellence in electronics. This exacting new standard provides frequency response from 1Hz to 200kHz +0.5dB, a rise time of 0.27 microseconds and distortion of less than 1 part per million (0.0001%), eliminating all possibility of sonic degradation.
The Earthworks 1022 Microphone Preamp is so fast, so clean and so transparent that you don’t even know it is there. It is like plugging your microphone into a “piece of wire with gain”. You will hear clarity and detail with the Earthworks 1022 ZDT preamp that is not available in any other preamp at any price.
Earthworks 1022 Microphone Preamp Features
- Zero Distortion – less than one part per million
- High output level +30dBu
- Very low output impedance will drive long lines without interference or signal loss
- True 48 volt phantom, polarity reverse & clip indicator
- Separate XLR & 1/4” Phone (t-r-s) outputs, each with its own gain/level controls
- 1/4” phone connector output will drive balanced or unbalanced inputs
- Full differential (balanced) from XLR in to XLR out – no internal conversion to single-ended
- All discrete components; Class A amplification (no ICs in the signal path)
- Greater transparency with minimum signal path and minimum features
Earthworks 1022 Microphone Preamp Specifications
- Preamp Type: Solid State
- Number of Channels: 2
- Frequency Response: 2Hz to 100kHz ±0.1dB, 1Hz to 200kHz ±0.5dB
- Impulse Response: 1.4µs
- Distortion: XLR out: less than 1ppm (0.0001%); 1/4” out: 0.001%
- Input Noise: 1.6nVHz½ at 20dB gain; 0.6nV/Hz½ at 60dB gain
- EIN: -132dBV at 20dB gain; -143dBV at 60dB gain
- Slew Rate: 22V/µs
- Output DC Offset: ±1 mV typical, servo balanced
- Power Requirement: 120V AC (100V and 200-240V versions available)
- Input: 2 XLR Female balanced transformerless
- Input Impedance: 10KO phantom on, 100KO phantom off
- Outputs: 2 XLR Male balanced transformerless (stepped), 2 ¼” TRS XLR Fem. balanced transformerless (variable)
- Dimensions: 1 rack space 1.75” x 19” x 10.375”
- Weight: 6 lb. (2.7kg)
Earthworks 1022 Microphone Preamp Includes
- Earthworks 1022 Microphone Preamp
- User Manual
- 2 Year Warranty
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
My senior was using ZDT 1022. The sound quality was wonderful, I considered buying, but at a Japanese retail store the power supply could only buy the 220V version. However, with the cooperation of your company and earthworks we were able to get a 100 V version. This is a miracle for me living in Japan. I appreciate your wonderful service.
After recording a live performance at a quaint bistro using an Earthworks QTC 40 stereo pair of mic’s and 1022 mic preamp and listening to the resulting audio recording, I know I have found that quality & ease of use I was looking for. I set up the mic’s one each close to the vocal mic’s of each singer. That gave a presence to their vocals. The instruments blended in well to that. I did EQ a bit to compensate for the midrange sound of the stage monitors. I heard absolutely no microphone noise floor in this live environment. To test the noise floor I matched up a QTC 40 with a Cad E100S. Noise floor kicked in at: QTC 40-20 db gain, Cad-30 db gain. The matching of the Earthworks 1022 with the QTC 40’s fed directly into my XLR camcorder inputs is a great solution for a pristine I am “right there” sound. I’m so happy I can get a studio recording sound from just a simple stereo pair setup using Earthworks 1022 along with Earthworks QTC 40 microphones.