Dynaudio BM6A Studio Monitor
The Dynaudio BM6A Active Nearfield Monitor, part of Dynaudio's Classic BM Range, remains a true long-term favorite among those who know them. In the BM6A, Dynaudio continues to deliver a powerful nearfield in a compact package that delivers brilliant performance.
Applications for the Dynaudio BM6A cover every aspect of sound engineering and reproduction, including music and speech monitoring and mixing, radio station, OB vehicles, edit suites, post production, recording studios and playback rooms. Their small size combined with their brilliant performance also make them suitable for use as rear channel speakers in surround systems. In combination with the BM14S II it is also well suited for a full-blown 5.1 system in smaller rooms.
The BM6A features an electronic 4th order phase-aligned crossover with a crossover point at 2.2kHz, which feeds two high performance discrete MOSFET amplifiers rated at 100W each.
The low frequency section is driven by a low frequency equalizer offering a choice between extended,critical damped response or more conventional higher Qt response for more level but less low frequency output. Included in the electronics is a complex protection circuit, which helps to prevent accidental damage to the drivers, yet still providing maximum transient response.
The BM6A is housed with an elegant matte cabinet with radius edged construction on the front baffle to reduce boundary effects and improve overall sound quality.
Dynaudio BM6A Studio Monitor Features
- 2-Way Active Monitors with dual 100-Watt amplifiers and electronic crossover
- Full magnetic shielding for use in close proximity to computer monitors
- Unique linear phase and frequency response ensures neutral playback, minimizes listening fatigue
- Interior damping of speaker cabinet minimizes resonance and vibration-related distortion
- Thermally protected tweeter with rear acoustic chamber
- Slow-attack optical High-Frequency Limiter
- Overdrive protection circuitry for Low-Frequency amplifier with True Clipping front panel LED indicator
- Input sensitivity level switch for balanced or unbalanced operation
- High and Low-Frequency trim controls with 5dB range for subtle adjustment to room acoustic environment
- High-Frequency control from 3kHz upward, Low-Frequency control from 100Hz downward
- XLR Connector
- Switchable 115-230 VAC power supply for international use
Dynaudio BM6A Studio Monitor Specifications
- System: 2-way Active Nearfield Monitor
- Frequency Response (+/- 3 dB): 41 Hz - 21 kHz
- Max SPL 1m, pair (IEC Long Term): 118 dB RMS
- Max SPL 2m, 5.1 (IEC Long Term): 119,5 dB RMS
- Input level for 85 dB, SPL @ 1m (+4/-10): -12 dBu RMS / -28 dBu RMS
- Input level for max peak SPL (+4/-10): +16 dBu peak / -1 dBu peak
- Power consumption: Idle: 25 W / Max: 200 W
- Amplifier power: Tweeter: 100 W / Woofer: 100 W
- Resonance Frequency: 49 Hz
- Internal Cabinet Volume: 9.5 liters (457.678 cubic inches)
- Bass Principle: Bass reflex
- Crossover Frequencies: 2200 Hz
- Crossover Slope: 24 dB/oct
- Tweeter: Esotec 1.102 inch (28 mm) soft dome, rear chamber, Magnetic fluid. 0.157 inch (4 mm) die-cast alu front,
- 6.693 inch (17 cm), 2.953 inch (75 mm) pure alu wire voice coil, One piece molded polypropylene cone
- 11 kg ea
- 24.251 lbs ea
- Dimensions (W x H x L):
- 217 x 338 x 321 mm
- 8.54 x 13.307 x 12.638 inches
Dynaudio BM6A Studio Monitor Includes
- Dynaudio BM6A
- IEC Power Cable
- 1 Year Warranty
Dynaudio BM6A Studio Monitor Downloads
What We Think
The Dynaudio BM6A remains a favorite with us here at Front End Audio. The BM6A's legacy extends back into the 1990s where it and its bigger sibling - the Dynaudio BM15A - remain as perhaps the lone survivors in a world which has seen many hundreds of studio monitors come and go. And there is a reason for that - these monitors are VERY good; and they are a VERY good value, to boot! Comparing the BM6A to a pair of Pro Ac Studio 100 (w/ Bryston 4B SST) - a passive two-way monitor sporting a 6.5" bass/midrange driver and a 1" soft-dome fabric tweeter housed in a traditional-looking ported cabinet (albeit discontinued) with a hefty price tag - the BM6A exhibits a more satisfying bottom end. And where the And where the Pro Ac has a stunning top-end clarity, the BM6A hangs in there with an admittedly darker top - but a top-end which is still quite revealing and something which you can really work with. But the long and the short of it is this - the BM6A is quite linear without hyping anything. What you hear is what you get. The presentation isn't forceful. In fact, the imaging is more like looking at a painting in front of you rather than something firing notes out at you a bit more aggressively. So, they're definitely a monitor that appeals to a discriminating ear - especially one attached to a budget. And what makes the BM6A really go from being a smaller working monitor to providing something truly impressive, is adding a subwoofer. The Dynaudio BM14S II or even the Dynaudio BM9S II Active Subwoofer make for the perfect companion to the BM6A. What you gain is height of the image - a taller representation of lows vs highs - and power. So, it's a great path to getting an accurate full-range system. The cabinets are attractive and built very, very well. And for what it's worth, the Dynaudio dust caps on the woofer make for great visual appeal. We love the BM6A and feel that anyone looking for a satisfying, truly professional studio monitor, capable of providing years and years of reliable service, should really give the Dynaudio BM6A serious consideration.
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I have a pair since 2005 and I use it as my main monitors. All in all it's one of the best nearfield monitor set for home or small studio use. The sound quality and clarity is simply fantastic. I record lots of narration and dubbing and I spend many hours creating and mixing full soundtracks. It serves all perfectly. almost without any ear fatigue. The bass definition is really impressive and the stereo image and depth is truly amazing. After 3 years of an intensive use there was only 1 problem in the left monitor so I had it fixed. some inner small parts were replaced and that was pretty cheap. Most important Being so clear this Monitor will make you hear every little detail. Nothing will escape your ears. I use it for mix as well and I usually have no surprises hearing the result on PA radio and TV. It sounds as good as I exported it. No strange frequencies surprises. Its A very high end monitor. Most recommended. Simply fantastic