Drawmer MXPRO60 Channel Strip
The Drawmer MXPRO60 Channel Strip is a unique mic/line/instrument input channel in a single rack space providing high quality Drawmer processing prior to tape/hard disc recording. The Drawmer MXPRO60 Channel Strip is also ideally suited to project studio and live sound applications.
The Drawmer MXPRO60 Channel Strip is a high quality mic/line preamplifier with integral gate, de-esser, compressor, parametric equaliser and peak limiter, offering the user more options than competitive units currently available. Functioning as a studio grade mic pre-amp, Program AdaptiveTM gate, de-esser, compressor, limiter, three band EQ and multi band tube saturation stage, the Drawmer MX60-Pro is perfect for live sound and studio applications.
Drawing on their many years experience in professional audio the Drawmer have developed a series of lower-cost Drawmer dynamic signal processors, the MX Pro range. Aimed at the musician, project studio and live performer, who is determined not to compromise on quality, but have to work to a tighter budget. By using circuit elements drawn from existing top-of-the-line Drawmer products and by simplifying the control systems where possible, the Drawmer MX60-Pro is no less sophisticated than the Drawmer's other units, despite the price tag. As a result the inexperienced user gains the benefits of Drawmer quality and performance, combined with lower cost and simplicity of operation.
The Drawmer MXPRO60 Channel Strip draws its technology from the most successful of Drawmer products. The mic pre-amp features the same discrete component design found in the legendary Drawmer 1960, the de-esser is derived from the MX50-Pro, the VCA based compressor is similar to the MX30-Pro, while the peak limiter and gate can be tracked back to the DL241 compressor/limiter.
Drawmer MXPRO60 Channel Strip Features
- Input Stage: The input stage may be switched to accept mic, line, or instrument level signals - the XLR mic input has switchable 48V phantom power and phase reverse, while the line input is on both a balanced +4dB TRS jack and an unbalanced -10dB jack. A high impedance Instrument jack is located on the front panel for use with electric guitars, basses, synths and drum machines.
- Program AdaptiveTM Gate: Drawmer's proprietary Program AdaptiveTM circuitry means that all the time constants are automatically optimised for the material being processed. This enables stable gating and eliminates 'chatter' around threshold. Controls via a single variable threshold and switchable fast/slow auto release.
- De-Esser: Floating threshold de-ess operation where the de-esser automatically and continually readjusts its own threshold level. The MX60 de-esser is almost completely automatic requiring the user only to select a switchable male or female setting and to adjust the amount of de-essing required. Only the sibilant sounds are subjected to gain reduction so that the lisping effect of simpler de-essers is avoided.
- EQ: High and low shelving sections as well as fully parametric mid range EQ with variable frequency, 'Q', and Â±18dB cut/boost.
- Compressor: High quality VCA compressor based on that of the MX30 and DL241. Both the attack and release times are Program AdaptiveTM leaving the user with only ratio, threshold and make-up gain to adjust.
- Tubesound: Multi band 'tube saturation' allows users to create subtle warming, high frequency effects or out-and-out obvious effects via three separate, independently adjustable audio bands. Low settings on all bands enable replication of classic tube mic sounds.
- Output: The output stage includes a limiter with a preset threshold (+16dB) and a variable master fader with output bargraph metering which sets the overall output level from OFF to +15dB. A two stage soft/hard limiting approach has been adopted with yellow and red LEDs signifying soft (approaching limit point) and hard limiting (hitting limit point).
Drawmer MXPRO60 Channel Strip Specifications
- Input Impedance: 20K Ohm (balanced), 20K Ohm (unbalanced)
- Maximum Input Level: +21dBu
- Line Input CMR: Better than -40dB (20Hz 22KHz)
- Output Impedance: 100 Ohm
- Maximum Output Level: +20dBu
- Bandwidth: 16Hz 28KHz, -1dB
- Noise (Ref +4dBu): Wideband (worst case); -85dB, 22Hz-22KHz; -90dB
- Unity Gain (+4dBu Input, +19dBu Output): 100Hz < 0.05%, 1KHz < 0.05%, 10KHz < 0.05%
- Power Requirements: 115 Volt or 230 Volt at 50-60Hz, 15VA
- Fuse Rating: 63mA for 230 Volt, 125mA for 115 Volt
- Conformity To: IEC 127-2
- Fuse Type: 20mm x 5mm, Class 3 Slow-Blow, 250 Volt Working
- Dimensions: (W x H x D) 482mm x 44mm x 200mm
- Weight: (Including packaging) 3.2 Kg
Drawmer MXPRO60 Channel Strip Includes
- Drawmer MX60-Pro Channel Strip
- Power Cord
- User Manual
- 1 Year Warranty
Drawmer MXPRO60 Channel Strip Downloads
- Drawmer MX60-Pro Channel Strip Owners Manual (PDF)
- Drawmer MX60-Pro Channel Strip Recall Sheet (PDF)
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I have gotten much good use out of this channel strip. None of the features on their own are absolutely amazing, but they are definitely all usable. The tube-sound does a good emulation to warm things up and its multi-band feature makes it much more useful in my opinion than other tube emulation hardware. This box has a variety of inputs/outputs, I've found it very reliable and it would work well for a live situation.