dbx 234XS Crossover
The dbx 234XS Crossover is stereo 2/3 way, mono 4-way crossover with XLR connectors, designed to offer more sound to your amps and speakers. With all the features you would expect from a professional product, the dbx 234XS delivers great performance, ultra low-noise and provides rugged reliability.
The dbx 234XS Crossover includes all of the features you need to make your system sound its best. The dbx 234XS Crossover uses precision filters to separate the audio signal and direct the correct frequencies to your loudspeaker drivers. By directing only the specific frequency bands to each speaker driver, the dbx 234XS Crossover leaves your amplifiers free to use their full power on the usable signal eliminating distortion and giving your PA system a cleaner and better sound.
The dbx 234XS Crossover is a dual channel crossover with all the features you would expect from a professional product. It features Linkwitz-Riley 24dB per octave filters, independent output gain controls for level matching, output phase inversion, 40 Hz low cut filter, and optional mono summing of the low frequency (subwoofer) output. Everything in the design exudes great precision from the solid "click" controls to the high quality XLR inputs and outputs.
The secret to making speakers sound great lies with the crossover you use. With the dbx® 234XS Crossover you'll get great performance, ultra low-noise, rugged reliability and four decades of dbx knowledge and expertise in building the world's finest processors.
dbx 234XS Crossover Features
- XLR balanced ins and outs
- Mode switches for mono 4-way or stereo 2-way/3-way operation
- Low frequency summed (subwoofer) output
- x10 range switch on both channels
- 40Hz high pass (low cut) filter both channels
- Phase reverse switch on all outputs
- Individual level controls on all outputs
- 24dB per octave Linkwitz-Riley filters (the professional standard)
- Stereo/Mono status LEDs indicate the selected mode
- dbx® 2 year parts and labor as standard
- CSA NRTL/C approved
- CE compliant
dbx 234XS Crossover Specifications
- Input Connectors: XLR
- Input Type: Electronically balanced/unbalanced, RF filtered
- Input Impedance: Balanced >50k ohm, unbalanced >25k ohm
- Max Input: >+22dBu balanced or unbalanced
- CMRR: >40dB, typically >55dB at 1kHz
- Output Connectors: XLR
- Output Type: Impedance-balanaced/unbalanced, RF filtered
- Output Impedance: Balanced 60 ohm, unbalanced 30 ohm
- Max Output: >+21dBu balanced/unbalanced into 2k ohms or greater
- Bandwidth: 20Hz to 20kHz, +/-0.5dB
- Frequency Response: < 3 Hz to > 90 kHz, +0/-3 dB
- Signal to Noise Ratio: Ref: +4 dBu, 22 kHz measurement bandwidth
- Signal-to-Noise (Stereo Mode): >94dB (Low Output), >93dB (Mid Output), >90dB (High Output)
- Signal-to-Noise (Mono Mode): >94dB (Low Output, Low/Mid Output); >92dB (High/Mid Output); >88dB (High Output)
- Dynamic Range: > 106 dB, unweighted, any output
- THD+Noise: < 0.004% at +4 dBu, 1 kHz; < 0.04% at +20 dBu, 1 kHz
- Interchannel Crosstalk: < -80 dB, 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Crossover Frequencies (Stereo Mode): Low/Mid: 45 to 960 Hz or 450 Hz to 9.6 kHz (x10 setting); Low/High: 45 to 960 Hz or 450 Hz to 9.6 kHz (x10 setting); Mid/High 450Hz to 9.6kHz (x10 setting)
- Crossover Frequencies (Mono Mode): Low/Low-Mid: 45 to 960 Hz or 450 Hz to 9.6 kHz (x10 setting); Low-Mid/High-Mid: 450 Hz to 9.6 kHz; High-Mid/High: 450 Hz to 9.6 kHz
- Crossover Filter Type: Linkwitz-Riley, 24 dB/octave, state-variable
- Low Cut Switch: Activates 40 Hz Butterworth, 12 dB/octave high-pass filter, one switch per channel.
- Phase Invert Switch: Inverts the phase at the output, one switch per output.
- x1 / x10 Switch: Multiplies the low-high(mono: low/mid and high/mid) crossover frequency range of the front-panel markings by a factor of 1 or 10, one switch per channel.
- Mode Switch: Selects stereo/mono and 2/3/4-way operation
- LF Sum Switch: Selects normal (stereo) or mono-summed low frequency operation and disables Ch 2s low output phase invert LED to indicate that this output is not operational in the LF sum mode.
- Indicators: Stereo Operation (Green); Mono Operation (Yellow); Low Cut (Red-per channel); x10 (Green-per channel); Phase Invert (Red-per output)
- Operating Voltage: 100-120 VAC 50/60Hz; 120 VAC 60Hz 230 VAC 50/60Hz
- Operating Temperature: 32°F to 113°F (0°C to 45°C)
- Power Consumption: 15W
- Power Connector: IEC receptacle
- Dimensions: 1.75" H X 19" W X 6.9" D (4.4cm x 48.3cm x 17.5cm)
- Net Weight: 4.0 lbs. (1.8 kg)
- Shipping Weight: 5.8 lbs. (2.6 kg)
dbx 234XS Crossover Includes
- dbx 234XS Crossover Unit
- AC Power Cord
- Printed Operation Manual
- Warranty Registration Card
- Four Rack Mount Screws And Washers
dbx 234XS Crossover Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review