Dave Hill Designs Titan Compressor
The Dave Hill Designs Titan Compressor is an analogue feedback-style compressor-limiter which allows you to go way beyond the conventions of compression. Create entirely new forms of dynamic shaping and sonic sculpting by way of Titan's subtle and not-so-subtle controls capable of dialing in gobs of color and character. Quite simply - no other compressor is capable of doing what the Dave Hill Designs Titan Compressor is capable of!
The Dave Hill Designs Titan Compressor is an analog compressor-limiter with a very large range of color and control choices with recall. The main audio path is a discrete class A design. Resetability is attained by using stepped controls and encoders that have their values displayed on Titian's color LCD display. Titian is a digitally controlled analog device in design with a very high speed dsp side chain that allows the design to push the limits beyond what is possible in the design of an analog side chain.
The compressor-limiter controls are the normal; Threshold, Attack, Release, Shape, Bypass-In-Link, Meter Select, and make up Gain. These controls have their settings displayed on a color LCD display. The Shape control shows the knee of the compressor. With the knee characteristic being graphically drawn on the LCD to allow the user to see the knee's shape. The graphical display updates with the changing of the Threshold and Shape controls. When stereo linked the unit selected as control master will control all functions on the second channel.
In addition there are controls that can provide color choices;
The VCA COLOR control provides a mix between a very clean PWM gain control device and a vintage gain control element. The vintage gain control element is a diode type compressor circuit. There are 16 steps in the cross fade-mix control for a wide range in choices
The PARALLEL MIX control blends the unprocessed audio with the compressed audio, a parallel compression function. There are 16 steps in the cross fade-mix control for a wide range in choices.
The DYNAMIC COLOR control is a control that provides harmonic content that is opposite in nature of the harmonic content that the vintage gain control element generates. The effect of the Dynamic Color control can be described as making the sound "bigger". This function has 16 steps to provide a wide range of sonic control.
FAT - AIR
The FAT - AIR switch that will add air or fatness to the compressed audio
Titan is a single rack space unit and ships with a worldwide (100 to 240 Volt) switchable 50, 60 Hz power supply.
Dave Hill Designs Titan Compressor Features
- A premium-quality analog feedback compressor / limiter with digital control
- VCA Color control allows you to dial between a clean Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) gain and character-rich gain
- Color LCD screen shows how the current compression curve compares to a linear response
- Parallel Mix allows you to blend between your unprocessed and compressed signal for rich, yet dynamic modern sounds
- Dynamic Color injects weight into the sound
- The Fat/Air switch flips between adding substantial heft or a precious dimension to the sound
- Impressive range of tonal coloration and character options
- Uniquely innovative control function
- Digitally controlled stepped analog switch controls enable settings to be precisely replicated
- Add another Dave Hill Designs Titan Compressor and take advantage of the stereo linking capability
- There is no other compressor that does what the Dave Hill Designs Titan Compressor does!
Dave Hill Designs Titan Compressor Specifications
- Maximum input: +25dbu balanced
- Maximum output: +25dbu balanced
- Make Up Gain: 0 to 11.5db, 0.5 steps
- Noise: -91dbu, 20 KHz BW
- Frequency Response: 3Hz to175KHz
- Distortion, clean mode @+25dbu: 0.018%
- Power: 25 watts at 115 or 230 volts, 50 or 60 Hz.
- Fuse Type / Specs: Slow acting (SLO-BLO) fuze
- GMD 0.315A for 115 volts; for 100 - 120 volts set to 115V
- GMD 0.150A for 230 volts; for 220 - 240 volts set to 230v
- Shipping Weight: 15 lbs (6.7kg)
- Depth Behind Panel: 8.625 inches plus user input/output connectors
Dave Hill Designs Titan Compressor Includes
- Titan Compressor
- Manual & Literature
- IEC Power Cable
Dave Hill Designs Titan Compressor Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review