The Crane Song Insigna 500-Series Tube Equalizer is a coloring & shaping equalizer. Designed by Dave Hill, the Insigna is based around a dual triode circuit with a 12AX7 tube.
The Crane Song Insigna 500-Series Tube Equalizer uses a dual triode circuit with a 12AX7 tube. The EQ has 24 dB/Oct high pass and low pass filters each with 7 frequencies. The top and bottom bands are shelving each with 8 frequencies. The mid band is peaking with 8 frequencies. The three bands work by using buffered RC circuits in the negative feedback path around the tube amplifiers. The result is a fat sounding EQ rich in second harmonic triode tube color.
Crane Song Insigna 500-Series Tube Equalizer Features
- High pass and low pass filters each with 7 frequencies operating at 24 dB/Oct.
- Shelving bands for High and Low, each with 8 frequencies
- Mid-band is peaking with 8 frequencies
- All valve (triode - 2nd harmonic color) design utilizing a quality 12AX7 tube
- Provides fat sound
Crane Song Insigna 500-Series Tube Equalizer Specifications
- Maximum Input: +24 dBu
- Maximum Output: +25 dBu
- Frequency Response: 1Hz to 100KHz
- Noise Floor: -84 dBu 20Hz to 20KHz
- Input Impedance: 32K Ohms
- Output Impedance: 160 Ohms
- Current Consumption: 120mA
- Weight: 1.7 Lbs
- Number of Channels: 1
- Number of EQ Sections: 37
- Switched Ranges:
- High Pass: 7 + Flat
- Low Pass: 7 + Flat
- Low Shelf: 8 (10 Hz - 200 Hz)
- Mid Bell: 8 (150 Hz - 7.2 kHz)
- High Shelf: 8 (3.2 kHz - AIR)
- Bypass Switch: True Bypass - Hard Bypass
Crane Song Insigna 500-Series Tube Equalizer Includes
- Crane Song Insigna 500-Series Tube Equalizer
Crane Song Insigna 500-Series Tube Equalizer Downloads
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
The preamps on this unit are fair - not fantastic, but in the price range they're pretty decent. Where the unit really excels is the EQ. Use the line inputs on the AFC-2 and it becomes a 2-channel four-band EQ that sounds fantastic with just about anything. Dialing in a great rock guitar sound is easy and intuitive. Vocals? No problem. Well worth the price just for the EQ - the preamps (which are very usable, just not spectacular) are simply a bonus.