The Coles 4104 PTT Ribbon Microphone featuring a push-to-talk switch is designed for reproducing high quality commentary speech from noisy surroundings by cancelling out a considerable degree of background noise. It has a proven reliable performance capability since being introduced and used by such broadcasting networks as the BBC, IBA, CBS and ABC.
The Coles 4104 PTT Ribbon Microphone is a Commentator's Noise Cancelling Microphone designed for commentary and speech capturing in noisy environments. The Coles 4104 PTT Ribbon Microphone is not unduly affected by wind noise and can be used in air stream velocities up to 20 mph (32 km) without notable difference in speech quality. With the use of a simple windshield attachment good quality speech reproduction can also be achieved in winds ranging up to 40 mph (64 km) or more. Importantly the polar response is effectively bi-directional allowing one or more commentators to make clear individual commentary close side by side without interference from mutual cross over talk.
The Coles 4104 PTT Ribbon Microphone is generally regarded as the leader in its field. Wherever it is essential to single out a speaker's voice without transmitting background noise, this is the choice of buyers from all over the world. One example application is its use in sports reporting, selecting the spoken commentary and cutting out the roar of racing cars at Brands Hatch or the screams of the little old ladies in the ringside seats at wrestling contests. News reporters broadcasting eyewitness accounts of processions and street demonstrations have also depended on this type of microphone. Equally important is its application in noisy industrial environments; prompt information and explicit instruction may be matters of life and death in a shunting yard or rolling mill, and a noise-cancelling microphone of this quality is the most vital element in such communications.
Coles 4104 PTT Ribbon Microphone Features
- Commentator's noise cancelling ribbon microphone
- Cancels out a considerable degree of background noise
- Reproduces high quality commentary speech from noisy surroundings
- Better than 30 dB average discrimination between voice and background noise
- Provides speech of broadcast quality completely free from breath noises
- Flat frequency response at the controlled talking distance
- Light in weight, robust in construction
- Ideal for commentating and reporting purposes where background noise level is high
- Good discrimination between unwanted and wanted sounds
- Balanced response coming from mouth and nose for clear natural speech reproduction
- Suppresses disturbing noise from lips and nostrils
- Clear individual commentary without mutual cross over talk
Coles 4104 PTT Ribbon Microphone Specifications
- Ribbon: Corrugated Aluminum Protected by Line Woven Nylon Gauze
- Polar Response: Bi-Directional
- Frequency Response: 60 Hz - 12,000 Hz
- Impedance: 300 Ohm
- Sensitivity: -50 dB w.r.t. IV/Pa.
- Equivalent Electro-Magnetic Hum Pick Up: Less than 0.0002 dynes/cm2
- Distortion: Less than 1% at 120 dB SPL
- Dimensions: 8" (200 mm) Long x 2-1/4" (57 mm) Wide x 3" (76 mm) Deep
- Weight: 10 OZ. (283g)
Coles 4104 PTT Ribbon Microphone Includes
- Coles 4104 PTT Ribbon Microphone
- Replacement Washable Plastic Hygiene Screen
- Foam Lined Rigid Plastic Carrying Case
Coles 4104 PTT Ribbon Microphone Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review