Chameleon Labs 581 500-Series Microphone Preamp
The Chameleon Labs 581 500-Series Microphone Preamp, a discrete, Class 'AB' mic preamp module with an extraordinary sonic signature never before obtained at this price level!
Chameleon Labs 581 500-Series Microphone Preamp Details
Chameleon Labs 581 500-Series Microphone Preamplifier card has a transformer balanced input with a gain range of +25dB to +80dB. The Model 581 has been carefully constructed and individually tested for quality. It utilizes class "AB" circuitry. This unit is made with 100% discrete components and was fabricated to precisely match vintage counterparts manufactured in the early 70â??s. The Chameleon Labs Model 581 is based on high audio performance design techniques. By employing classic circuit design, polystyrene capacitors, hand selected components and custom wound transformers, Chameleon Labs ensures that the Model 581 will exhibit classic audio sound. It is also designed to comply with any 500 series powered chassis approved by the API VPR Alliance. Your Model 581 represents a dramatic breakthrough in delivering vintage audio performance at an affordable price.
IMOD Upgrade: With this upgrade, the stock mic input transformer is changed to an imported Carnhill transformer.
Chameleon Labs 581 500-Series Microphone Preamp Features
- Discrete Class AB Circuit
- API 500 series compatible card
- Powered by CPS-501 Powered Chassis or any 500 series compatible power supply
- Fully balanced transformer mic input which can be upgraded to a vintage style Carnhill unit
- Transformer balanced output
- 300 Ohms or 1.2K Ohms mic input selector
- 48VDC phantom power selector
- Hi-Z Direct Input for instruments on the front panel
- Output level control functions as a fader when going straight to D.A.W. or tape
- LED illuminated push buttons for visual confirmation
- LED Metering (Power, Signal, +4dB, Peak)
- One year warranty
Chameleon Labs 581 500-Series Microphone Preamp Specifications
- Noise Specification
- Mic/DI: Better than -125dBm EIN between -80 and -40 dBm referenced to
- 600Ω input impedance, SNR 116dB at maximum output.
- Transformer balanced and floating drive 600Ω Load
- Audio Spec
- Audio Output: +26dBu into 600Ω load impedance
- Maximum Output: 20Hz â?" 20kHz -0.5dB
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz â?" 50 kHz -3dB
- LED Indicators
- Blue: Power On
- Green: Signal Present
- Yellow: +4dB Output Level
- Red: Output Overload
Chameleon Labs 581 500-Series Microphone Preamp Downloads
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
There are few if any competitors to this pre. It has all the features you need, and enough metering. And a DI! For $400!! Buy it now.
It also feels great. Nice and heavy with good build quality.