Celemony Melodyne Essentials 4
The entry-level Melodyne, Melodyne 4 essential contains Melodyne's Main Tool for the basic editing of pitch and timing, and offers a particularly simple and economical entry into the world of Melodyne.
If you need more functions, you can upgrade any time to one of the larger editions simply by paying the difference in price. Correct and optimize monophonic or rhythmic audio material in the manner only Melodyne allows. Perfect the intonation and timing via macro or in a more targeted way by hand. Transpose, move or erase notes and copy individual notes or entire passages to different locations. Melodyne essential operates directly within your audio workstation. You hear all edits in the context of the other tracks of your project and can use as many instances as you wish and your computer will allow. And for the swift editing of a sample between times, you can open Melodyne essential in stand-alone mode without having to start up your audio workstation first.
Melodyne essential offers you a great deal of functionality for very little money. And this investment makes still more sense if you wish to upgrade to Melodyne assistant (additional tools and functions), Melodyne editor (also polyphonic material) or Melodyne studio (multi-track) at a later date. Attractive upgrade options are available to all editions. So you can't lose by entering here. The small step to Melodyne essential could become a giant leap in the future.
Celemony Melodyne Essentials 4 Features
- Grammy Award-winning Melodyne technology
- The algorithms "Melodic", "Percussive" and "Universal"
- Melodyne's Main Tool for pitch and timing
- Macros for pitch- and timing-correction as well as quantization
- Fully compatible: VST, AU, RTAS, AAX, ARA, Rewire
- OS X and Windows, 32/64-bit
Celemony Melodyne Essentials 4 Specifications
- OS X: Intel Dual Core processor (Quad Core or better recommended), 4 GB RAM (8 GB or more recommended), OS X 10.6.8 and 10.9.5 or newer
- Windows: Intel or AMD Dual Core processor (Quad Core or better recommended), 4 GB RAM (8 GB or more recommended), Windows XP (SP3, 32-bit), Windows 7, 8 or 10 (64-bit recommended), ASIO-compatible audio hardware
Celemony Melodyne Essentials 4 Applications
- See exactly where the weaknesses in a performance lie and eliminate them
- Improve intonation and timing
- Reach the desired result by an intuitive, musical and fast route
- Despite the corrections, your recordings retain their natural feel and vitality
- Change the melody, tempo, timing and groove entirely as you wish
- Move, copy and combine phrases and notes
- Double tracks, add voices, create harmonies
Celemony Melodyne Essentials 4 Includes
- Melodic Lead vocals, bass guitar, saxophone, etc.
- Percussive Drums, percussion, drum loops, etc.
- Universal Complex, polyphonic material without DNA Direct Note Access
- Tempo detection/Tempo Editor Map and edit tempo changes within a recording
- Note Assignment Mode Correct any note detection errors
- Cut, copy and paste Rearrange material using clipboard functions
- Macros for pitch and timing Automatic, intelligent correction and optimization of notes
- Scale correction Move or quantize notes in accordance with the selected scale
- Stand-alone mode Run Melodyne as an independent application
- Plug-in operation Run Melodyne as an AU, VST, RTAS, AAX or ARA plug-in in compatible DAWs
- Rewire Run Melodyne in stand-alone mode as a Rewire client
- 32-/64-bit compatibility Run Melodyne as a native application on 32-/64-bit systems
- Intercompatibility Open and edit projects created by other editions
What We Think
Melodyne Essentials may be the most basic version of Melodyne, but it is still a very powerful tool. I have used Melodyne Essentials in my studio for over 5 years now. It is quick and easy to use. I have (at times) run into a situation where a single note on a bass track was off - maybe a bend that conflicted with the song, or simple a fret off. In any case, the bass player may not be able to come back in to punch in that part, or there is a time crunch. That is where Melodyne Essentials has saved a session. Hone in on the offending note, adjust, and call it a day. A quick and convenient fix, and it still sounds natural. A tool worthy of having in your studio.
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Very easy to use and very intuitive. Will upgrade soon though to get other Melodyne benefits..