The Cascade Knuckle Head Ribbon Microphone is a vintage style passive short ribbon microphone designed to deliver deluxe tone. It combines the acoustic components of the successful Fat Head ribbon with a shockmounted headbasket design reminiscent of early broadcast microphones.
The Cascade Knuckle Head Ribbon Microphone's motor uses Neodymium magnets surrounding a 2.2-micron corrugated aluminum ribbon measuring 5mm x 45mm. The ribbon is mounted symmetrically within the magnetic gap, the front and back of the mic produces the same vocing. The ribbon motor and headbasket are suspended within a 6-inch diameter metal hoop by eight springs. The output transformer is located within the cylindrical shaft below the shockmount hoop.
The Cascade Knuckle Head offers a distressed antique copper finish that is hand-applied to each individual microphone. By using this method, every Cascade Knuckle Head becomes unique with it's own character and is destined to become an old school classic.
Cascade Knuckle Head Ribbon Microphone Features
- Vintage style passive ribbon microphone
- Combines acoustic components of the successful Fat Head ribbon with a shockmounted headbasket design
- Motor uses Neodymium magnets surrounding a 2.2-micron corrugated aluminum ribbon
- The front and back of the mic produces the same sound
- Comes in distressed antique hand-applied copper finish
Cascade Knuckle Head Ribbon Microphone Specifications
- Type: Ribbon (Velocity) Microphone
- Ribbon type & Dimensions: 99% Pure aluminum, 2.2 micron, 1 3/4" (L) X 3/16" (W)
- Polar Pattern: Figure 8 Symmetrical design
- Sensitivity: -56 db +/- 2 dB (0 dB=1V/Pa)
- Output Impedance: <=200 Ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: >1000 Ohms
- Max.SPL (1% THD @1000 Hz): 135 dB
- Connector: 3-Pin male XLR
- Size: Diameter: O.D. grill:3", O.D. ring:6", O.D. body:1", Overall length:10"
- Body Color: Copper
- Grill Color: Copper
Cascade Knuckle Head Ribbon Microphone Applications
- Acoustic & Electric Guitars
- Banjo, Mandolin, Dobro
- Drums (Overhead)
Cascade Knuckle Head Ribbon Microphone Includes
- Cascade Knuckle Head Ribbon Microphone
- Premium Adjustable Mounting Clip
- Aluminum Case
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
My knowledge of sound gear is rudimentary at best but Dave Alewine provided clear answers to all my questions, provided outstanding customer service, and was simply a pleasure to talk with! The Knuckle Head mic was exactly what I needed, at a great price. I couldn't be happier. A big THANK YOU to Dave and Front End Audio!
This mic looks as cool as it sounds. It creates amazing electric guitar recordings. It honestly blew me away, as previously I came from a background using only sm57's for guitar cabs. Wow, just wow!!!