Blue Microphones Robbie Tube Preamp
The Blue Microphones Robbie Tube Preamp is a Class-A discrete tube preamp that reveals the true tone of your voice or instrument. Featuring audiophile-grade components and an IC-free signal path, the Robbie Tube Preamp delivers superior accuracy and transparency every time.
The Blue Microphones Robbie Tube Preamp brings Blue's heritage of design innovation and premium sound to your entire recording process. With an unprecedented 34dB of headroom before clipping, the Blue Microphones Robbie Tube Preamp will add depth and dimensionality to your recordings.
The Best of Both Worlds
The Blue Microphones Robbie puts an end to the tube vs. solid-state debate by combining the best aspects of each into one premium preamp. The fully discrete ECC88 twin triode tube input and gain stage deliver warm, rich and detailed tonewhile the electronically balanced solid-state output ensures pristine sound with unmatched clarity. Together, its two halves of the same whole of audio qualityaka, perfection.
The Sound of Silence
Every feature was designed to deliver the absolute highest sound quality. From the audiophile-grade ultra low noise metal film resistors and polystyrene capacitors, to the highest-quality discrete components for input and output, the Blue Microphones Robbie ensures unmatched performance. And with no ICs in the signal path, youll never compromise the tone you worked so long to perfect.
No Glass Ceiling
The Blue Microphones Robbie is all about incredible audio quality without limits. With a massive 34dB of headroom before clipping, plus hand-tuned components that maintain the integrity of your sound, the Blue Microphones Robbie helps you record your music the way youve always imaginedpowerful, precise and pure.
Blue Microphones Robbie Tube Preamp Features
- Fully discrete Class-A signal path - completely balanced from input to output
- Solid-state transformerless input stage coupled with twin triode (ECC88) vacuum tube gain stage
- Ultra-low noise (-131 dB), maximum detail and exceptionally musical harmonic saturation
- Amazing 34 dB head room before clipping
- Front panel instrument DI for enhancing bass, electric guitar, synth or drum machine
Blue Microphones Robbie Tube Preamp Specifications
- Minimum Gain: 8dB
- Maximum Gain: 68dB
- Frequency Response (+/- 2dB): 10Hz 100kHz
- Noise @ 60dB Gain (10Hz 30kHz, 50O Source): -131dB EIN
- Noise @ 60dB Gain (10Hz 30kHz, 150O Source): -129dB EIN
- THD + Noise @ 60dB Gain(10Hz 20kHz, +22dBu Output): <5°
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio (50Hz 20kHz, 100mV Input): 60dB gain > 64db; 30dB gain > 75dB
- Maximum Input Level (8dB Gain, 20Hz 20kHz): +22dBu w/o pad
- Maximum Output Level (20Hz 40kHz @ 10kO): +34dBu
- Mic Input Impedance (20Hz 20kHz): 5kO (2x 2, 5kO)
- HI-Z Input Impedance: 1MO
- Output Impedance: 50O (2x25O)
- Phantom Power: +48 VDC, +/- 1.5 VDC
- Power Consumption: 8W
- Power Requirements: 115/230 VAC, 50/60Hz
- Dimensions: 8.5L x 8.25W x 5.25H
- Weight: 7 lbs.
Blue Microphones Robbie Tube Preamp Includes
- Blue Microphones Robbie Tube Preamp
- IEC Power Cable
- User Manual
Blue Microphones Robbie Tube Preamp Downloads
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I currently have an ISA220, LA610MKII, and a Robbie. I also have a TLM49 and a Kiwi to compare through these various preamps. In my own little shootout my observations were that the ISA220 sounds great, smooth, and relatively neutral, the LA610 has a slight boost in the high end that I don't really like (but still sounds great), and the Robbie is neutral, kind of buttery and smooth, and a little fatter then the others. It's also slightly less bright then the other two mic pre's. That said, it has a character that the other two pre's didn't, adding some kind of sonic thickness that I can't describe. I highly, highly recommend checking it out. Without a doubt a worthy addition and/or upgrade of your front end. That said, it is a minimalist preamp and so if you need something that doubles as an A/D (ISA), or has a compressor (ISA and 610), then you're out of luck. If you just need a straight up channel of sonic delight, this is it.