The Little Labs LL2A starts shipping
By Front End Audio on Jun 19th 2020
An official announcement has come from Little Labs to confirm the release of their new LL2A Compressor/Limiter. Little Labs states that the LL2A is "an all original, fast, soft knee, start of the art compressor limiter, with mastering audio fidelity." Further stated is that the LL2A is "ideally suited for everyday use on vocals and full-range material."
- Two-knob fast setup, with high quality stepped, resettable threshold and gain controls.
- Fast 400-microsecond attack, 0.9 second release soft knee compression. Also, a 2400-microsecond attack, 4.9 second release for bass, available in stand-alone mode.
- Minimalist zen differential circuit topology utilizing only two active components in the audio signal circuit path.
- Unique linear voltage multiplier gain reduction, a voltage-controlled attenuation (not amplification) unlike any other commercially available compressor.
- True VU ballistic, accurate, fun neon Nixie tube metering.
- Internal state of the art super low noise linear voltage regulation, providing full current/voltage for active audio components and a 1MHz low noise high voltage supply for the Nixie tube.
- Linkable for two LL2A compressor stereo balanced use, or a single LL2A can be used for unbalanced stereo!
- Rear panel TRS balanced side chain insert, TS link jack, XLR and TRS balanced mono i/o jacks, stereo unbalanced use TRS (tip-left, ring-right), or XLR pin 2-left pin 3-right.
- Rack-mountable: Up to 2 LL2A compressor limiters fit in a 1u space.
- Made in California, USA
The best news of all here is that there are no pre-orders. The LL2A is in stock with Little Labs now, and heading to dealers. The LL2A is also linkable for stereo processing.