Key features include:
- The unmatched natural and musical sound of a classical ribbon microphone combined with a discrete amplifier (no integrated circuits used), powered by standard 48V phantom power, that isolates the ribbon and the gain make-up transformer from the outside world. A stunning realism with the feeling of "being-there" and a fast and life-like transient reproduction.
- The typical large and mellow ribbon sound quality with a very smooth top end and an extended low end.
- Swedish made Lundahl 1927A transformer.
- High end Wima film and Nichicon electrolytic audio capacitors used in the amplifier.
- An ultra-high SPL capability, 160 dB SPL (1% THD @ 1000Hz) and a very high sensitivity for a ribbon microphone, similar to many condenser microphones.
- Figure-8 directional pattern for wide sweet spots both in the front and in the back of the microphone.
- 50mm long ribbon made of 2 microns thick aluminum foil and an internal shock mount for the ribbon and magnet assembly.
- Selectable high pass filter and -10dB Pad.
- Removable microphone cable built with Mogami Neglex Studio Quad cable and Neutrik XLR gold-plated connectors.
The Golden Age R1A is available for purchase at Front End Audio! If you have any questions, give us a call and we'll be happy to assist!