Merging Technologies has announced the release of Pryamix 14 (contact us for more information on Pyramix), in celebration of the 25th Anniversary of this powerful DAW. Among the enhancements and additions, is a lot of focus on Dolby Atmos for music. Noted by Merging Technologies in a press release...
The key new features are:
- Ingest. - The ability to load any Dolby Atmos ADM file into Pyramix. Pyramix can immediately build a complete mixer to play the loaded ADM correctly.
- Power. - For mastering or whenever you need to load multiple ADM files into your project, Pyramix gives you maximum help and speed: Choose to either have Pyramix automatically mapping beds/ objects to existing mixer busses or route it all manually to the mixer if you prefer. (Pyramix's powerful separation between timeline tracks and mixer strips means you can load as many ADM files as you want and keep organized!)
Import. - Dolby Atmos is becoming more popular thanks to the immense
demand from streaming platforms (Apple Music, Tidal, Amazon, etc.) so now
there has never been more pressure to repurpose the huge existing CD
catalogs into Dolby Atmos. This task requires careful work to preserve the
original intention, timing and metadata of the original CD.
- Pyramix not only imports CDs with the best sampling rate and bit depth conversion in the world, it will also ingest each track exactly as it was printed with all the CD text and UPC/EAN codes.
- This allows you to then export Dolby Atmos ADM files that exactly match the length of the CD version and carry the same metadata (wherever this is relevant).
- To help streamlining the workflow even further and give you more confidence, we have worked with trusted mastering engineers to bring in Apple, Universal, Sony and Warner Brothers naming conventions when exporting the Dolby Atmos ADM from Pyramix.
- Pyramix has been the most flexible immersive platform for more than a
decade, being one of the first to bring multichannel as well as Ambisonic
up to the 7th order.
- It is very easy to feed any bus with any sort of immersive audio. For example, routing an Auro3D master bus or an Ambisonic bus into a Dolby Atmos bed is very easy thanks to built-in encoders/ decoders.
- Our unique Dolby Atmos hybrid busses allow to send any format into a Dolby Atmos Renderer by having some channels mapped as objects (such as a 9.1.6, etc...).
- When exporting an ADM, the same flexibility is available. A native 9.1.6 mix can be exported to a Dolby Atmos ADM file by just mapping the top channels and wide speakers as objects, leaving the rest in a bed, for example.
- Trusted Tools. – In addition to the proven tools within Pyramix, we have close alliances with people sharing the same values and understanding of immersive audio through Dolby Atmos. Find out about our partners Flux and Penteo.