Warm Audio has just released the new Warm Audio WA-47F Microphone! The WA-47F is Warm Audio's recreation of a high-SPL, low noise classic microphone that is celebrated as a "secret weapon" across world class studios. The original U47 FET was released in 1969 and gained massive popularity for it's ability to handle fast transients and high SPLs. The high SPL handling especially for a condenser mic, meant that engineers could make kick drums sound huge and it meant that engineers no longer had to compromise between volume and detail with certain sources.
The Warm Audio Wa-47F Microphone brings excellent sonic versatility and the uncanny ability to handle high SPLs just like the original. And the custom tuned frequency response helps add a pristine edge to solo vocals that need to stand out. This microphone will shine on lead vocals, outside kick drum, guitar and bass cabinets and upright bass. A pair of these microphones could be great for drum room microphones!
Neet-to-Know Tech Specs:
- Gold sputtered, large diaphragm, single backplate, K47 style capsule
- Custom TAB-Funkenwerk (AMI) USA Output Transformer
- Premium Fairchild transistors
- WIMA and Polystyrene capacitors
- Polar pattern: Cardioid
- MAX SPL: 137 dB, 1
- 47dB with 10dB pad engaged
- Pads and filters: -10dB pad, 140 Hz low-cut filter
- Signal to noise (+ weighted): 69 dB, 76 db-A
- EIN/Self noise (+ weighted): 25dB, 18dB-A
The new Warm Audio WA-47F Microphone is available now for purchase at Front End Audio! If you have any questions, give us a call and we'll be happy to assist!