Introducing the all new Heritage Audio OST-8 ADAT. The OST-8 ADAT is an 8 slot 500 series power supply rack that also feature SMUX ADAT I/O for interface expansion functionality. Now you can increase the number of inputs on your interface by 8 additional inputs, while taking advantage of the flexible modular feature of 500 series racks. All with the trusted and reliable name of Heritage Audio (built in Spain) behind it.
In a press release, Heritage Audio had this to say about the all new OST-8 ADAT:
"The OST-8 adat 500 series enclosure is designed for racking any and all 500-series modules and devices, including ‘double wide’ modules and even the most demanding class-A and vacuum tube designs, and connect them to your existing audio interface.It features Heritage Audio’s On Slot Technology, providing maximum protection, filtering, and isolation to each channel.While most 500-series enclosures on the market have a relatively simple power supply design essentially feeding every channel in parallel, each channel of the OST-8 adat enclosure has its own power supply, individually regulated and isolated from the rest.This ensures that every 500-series module installed will perform at its peak potential, and that no ‘power hungry’ or even a faulty module will compromise the performance of another.In addition to reducing interference, many 500-series devices actually exhibit lower self-noise and better performance when racked in the OST-8 adat enclosure, specially mic preamps."
Notable Features include:
- Eight slot, rack-mountable 500 Series enclosure for mobile and project studio recording.
- New link feature allows each channel to be linked to the next at the push of a button, no patch cables required.
- Each channel individually regulated, filtered, and protected for highest performance, lowest noise, and best protection.
- Capable of delivering up to 400mA per rail per slot, or 1.8 Amps total (2.0 Amps non continuous), whichever is reached first.
- Phantom power supply delivers up to 140mA total.
- Independent Status LEDsper slot on front panel for voltage rails.
- Power switch on the front panel.
- Widest possible range of compatibility with any 500 Series device made, including ‘power hungry’ class A and vacuum tube designs.Vertical architecture accommodates ‘double wide’ modules.
- Heavy gauge steel chassis and aluminum front panel, rugged finish, proven, durable design.
- Premium 8 channel 24 Bit 192kHz Converter.
While not the first to offer such a 500 series rack, the reliability, build quality, and performance of Heritage Audio gear is undeniable. This is a great addition to the industry that will surely find home in many studios, and offer a much needed helping hand.