Golden Age Introduces the New Pre-73 Jr Premier Preamp
By Front End Audio on Aug 10th 2022
The new Golden Age Pre-73 Jr Premier Preamp is a one channel microphone and instrument preamp that has been designed with the intention to produce similar tone and characteristics of vintage 1073 preamp modules. The signal path uses discrete resistors, capacitors and transistors and the input and output stages are transformer based each optimized for its specific purpose.
Its small footprint allows four units to be racked in a single rack space using the Golden Age Premier Unite Rack.
The sound can be described as warm, punchy, sweet and musical. The Pre-73 Jr Premier Preamp captures the essence of this sound and makes it affordable and accessible to everyone.
• Vintage Style class-A electronics. No integrated circuits in the signal path. No surface mount components.
• GAIN switch range 20 - 70 dB.
• Selectable two position high frequency AIR boost eq, 3 or 6 dB @ 30 kHz.
• Selectable 6 dB/octave two frequency high pass filter at around 40 (HP1) and 170 Hz (HP2).
• Switchable phantom power and absolute phase.
• A high-impedance instrument input for any sound module, electric guitar or bass.
• A simple signal LED indicator.
• The output level control makes it possible to do fine gain adjustments and also to overload the main gain stage for more character and then lower the signal to a suitable level before the output stage.
• Combo XLR/TRS input jack and separate output XLR and TRS jacks for flexible connections.
• Insert jack for inserting EQ´s and other units.
• UK-made Carnhill input and output transformers, tantalum and plustyrene capacitors and mostly soldered internal connections.
• External power supply to avoid interaction with the audio circuits and transformers.
• The small format makes it possible to mount 4 units in our 19-inch rack kits.
• A solid build quality that will last many years of normal use.