Front End Audio acquires previously owned gear through our Buy-Back program. You can purchase used gear at a great price but there are no manufacturer warranties with these items. These items have been inspected and/or tested by our staff to make sure each one is in working condition and comes with our commitment to service. This Avid S1 Control Surface looks great and includes everything as if you were to purchase it new. However, there is an issue with the Channel 1 fader. The fader works but only to receive information from the DAW. Meaning, you can control the fader from the DAW but you cannot control the DAW with the fader. There is something wrong with the touch sensor on this channel. Everything else on the channel works fine, it is only the fader control that is having a problem. It could be a easy fix, maybe not, so just plan your setup accordingly. This unit is heavily discounted due to this issue and we know it will make a great control surface for the right person.
The Avid S1 Control Surface give you unparalleled speed, rich visual feedback, and software integration of Avid's high-end consoles in a slimline surface that's an easy fit for any space or budget. Avid S1 gives you deep hands-on control of your favorite audio and video software and, together with the free Pro Tools | Control app for iPad (iPad not included), provides great ergonomic efficiency, easy touch workflows, and S6-style metering and processing views, so you can navigate large sessions quickly, mix more intuitively, and turn around better sounding mixes fast.
Mix big on a smaller scale
While Avid S1 fits easily between your display and keyboard, it packs a lot of mixing power into its small surface. From motorized faders and knobs that respond to your touch, to fast-access touchscreen workflows and Soft Keys that enable you to perform complex tasks with a single press, S1 provides the speed and versatility to accelerate any music, audio post, or video project.
Get unmatched software integration
S1 is powered by EUCON, Avid’s high-speed Ethernet control protocol that delivers deep hardware/software integration, giving you full touch and tactile access to a host of Avid and third-party software functions and controls. You can even switch between multiple applications—and workstations—at the touch of a button, providing the most fluid editing and mixing experience.
Gain extensive insight into your mix
S1 not only features high-res OLED displays, it integrates with the free Pro Tools | Control iPad app, providing rich visual feedback to enhance your workflow. From track names, parameter values, and automation, to S6-style monitoring (up to 9.1), metering, and channel processing views, you get the comprehensive feedback of a high-end console in a versatile surface for the budget-minded.
Scale the surface to your needs
Need more faders? Connect multiple S1 units together to create an extended, fully integrated control surface that provides more tactile control to handle larger mixes. You can even connect Pro Tools | Dock to S1 to have dedicated transport controls, a jog wheel, focus fader, and more at your fingertips for greater control.
Avid S1 Control Surface Features
- Accelerate your workflow
- Get deep hybrid control
- Work with your favorite creative tools
- Navigate large sessions fast
- View your mix in great detail
- Get S6-style monitoring control Design a surface for your needs
Avid S1 Control Surface Specifications
- Faders: Eight motorized, touch-sensitive, 100 mm long-throw faders
- Knobs: Eight push-top, touch-sensitive rotary encoders
- Additional controls: Assorted hardware buttons/keys for various functions and mode selections, including Mute, Solo, Record-enable, Bank, Nudge, and more
- Software interface: Supports the free Pro Tools | Control app running on iPad (iPad not included), providing touchscreen control, project navigation, macro triggers, and more
- Displays: Eight high-resolution OLED displays, plus multiple status LEDs and multicolor track buttons; channel metering, monitoring, processing, track status, automation modes, and other views provided by Pro Tools | Control on iPad
- Height (front, rear): 1.2 inches, 3.8 inches (29 mm, 97 mm)
- Width: 12.3 inches (312 mm)
- Depth: 14.9 inches (377 mm)
- Scalability: Connect up to four S1 controllers together, plus Pro Tools | Dock, to create an extended, fully integrated surface
Avid S1 Control Surface Includes
- Avid S1 Control Surface
- Power Cable
- Original Box
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review