The Arturia KeyStep Keyboard Controller is a new breed of portable musical tool combining the functionalities of a keyboard controller with a polyphonic step sequencer to control both analog and digital devices.
The Arturia KeyStep Keyboard Controller is a full-featured USB MIDI keyboard controller complete with a polyphonic sequencer, arpeggiator, a robust set of MIDI and C/V connections, and outfitted with Arturia's new Slimkey keyboard for maximum playability in the minimum space. You need a portable USB MIDI controller but also want a keyboard that provides a musical playing experience? You have some MIDI modules you want to connect as well but don’t want the footprint of a large keyboard? You have modular and analog gear you want to control via CV/GATEs? You want a step sequencer with polyphonic capability that can sync to your favorite modern and vintage gear? If only a single piece of gear could do all of this…
KeyStep - One Objective Meeting Yours
Sometimes, simplicity is the key to efficiency and the best way to materialize an idea into a sonic result. The design of the Arturia KeyStep Keyboard Controller is based entirely on this vision. Going straight to the point, skating over the constraints and letting musicians focus on their art are Arturia KeyStep’s ambitions. Whether your setup is analog or digital, Arturia KeyStep will allow you to reach a whole new level of control and creativity.
Never before has a portable keyboard controller incorporated this quantity of features. Having many devices, many plugins and many modules is a pleasure. Nobody makes secret of it. However, few things are more frustrating than accumulating instruments without being fully able to use them. Arturia KeyStep allows you to regain control over your instruments.Arturia KeyStep is loaded with features aimed at boosting your creative freedom. A 32-slimkey keybed with velocity and aftertouch, an 8-mode arpeggiator, a polyphonic sequencer with up to 64 steps and 8 simultaneous notes per step.
Like its brothers BeatStep and BeatStep Pro, the Arturia KeyStep is representative of a new breed of portable controller allowing musicians to free themselves from their computer, in particular in live conditions. The Arturia KeyStep is all about spontaneity and immediacy, strengthening the link that musicians can experience with their performance and their public. Each feature has been thought out to match live artists hopes and needs including real-time sequence rewriting, smart sequence-swapping function and simultaneous playing/sequencing. The Arturia KeyStep will give an unprecedented magnitude to your live sessions.
Three Modes of Operation
- Sequencer - In Sequencer mode you can record, play and transpose a polyphonic sequence with up to 64 steps and 8 simultaneous notes per step. Sequencer mode also allows you to rewrite in real-time your sequence and even to play and sequence simultaneously on two different MIDI channels.
- Arpegiattor - The arpegiattor allows you to play each note of a chord consecutively instead of simultaneously. The eight possible playing directions and the Time Division knob will enable the creation of complex and mazy melodies.
- Controller - The Arturia KeyStep stands up to most of the bigger keyboard controllers thanks to its prolific array of features including a custom 32-slim-key keybed with velocity and aftertouch, highly reactive pitch and modulation capacitive ribbons and above all the possibility of controlling almost every type of synthesizer by MIDI and CV.
Arturia KeyStep Keyboard Controller Features
- Arturia’s own Slimkey keybed with velocity and aftertouch
- Arpeggiator mode (Up, down, inclusive, exclusive, random, note order, double up, double down modes)
- Sequencer mode (8 Polyphonic step-sequences with Rest, Tie, and Legato note entry)
- Rate control and tap tempo (REC, PLAY, and STOP buttons for performance control over the sequencer and arpeggiator)
- Sustain HOLD button
- Sustain pedal jack
- Chord play mode
- SHIFT button selection (MIDI channel selection, GATE time, SWING values)
- DC jack for standalone operation
- USB MIDI connects to computers and our MCC editor
- MIDI in/out ports
- Sync i/o ports (Supports 1 pulse per step, 2 PPQ (Korg Volca), 24 PPQ DIN sync, 48 PPQ DIN sync)
- Sync select switches (Internal, USB, MIDI, Clock)
- CV/GATE outputs
- CV supports 1Volt per octave, Volt>Hz modes, Gate output 5V or 12V for modern or vintage gear support
- CV Velo/Aftertouch/Modwheel output
- Capacitive-touch pitch bend and mod wheels
- Each sequence can have 64 steps, each step can have up to 8 notes
- Low power; can be powered by Apple iPad® (camera connection kit required)
Arturia KeyStep Keyboard Controller Includes
- Arturia KeyStep Keyboard Controller
- USB Micro B / Type A Cable
- Quick Start Guide
Arturia KeyStep Keyboard Controller Downloads
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I don't really play the piano but I hooked it up to ableton and it's been awesome so far! shipping was quick and easy and I like it.