Arturia BeatStep Pro Controller
The Arturia BeatStep Pro Controller is unique world-class controller, performance sequencer and composing tool all in a single compact package. It offers an astounding array of control options, sequencing capabilities and potential connections, and whether your setup is all analog, all digital, or any blend of the two, BeatStep Pro will gravitate to the center of everything you do and stay there.
The Arturia BeatStep Pro Controller is unlike anything you have ever used on stage or in the studio. Wherever you are, whatever gear is available, taking control of the creative process has never been so easy.
Once in a great while a product comes along that is so incredibly useful, so brilliantly simple that it fills a musical gap like nothing before it. BeatStep Pro fits that description perfectly. The Arturia BeatStep Pro is as unique as the music you will make with it.
The Arturia BeatStep Pro thrives at the center of a diverse, powerful system. They designed it to be compatible with almost any hardware or computer-based device you might want to use with it. USB and MIDI in/out ports establish two-way communication between the digital and analog worlds. Control, sequence, and synchronize other equipment, courtesy of Arturia BeatStep Pro. The melodic sequencers provide three 1/8" jack connectors each: Two CV outputs for Pitch and Velocity and one for a Gate output. You can also take advantage of your favorite drum sounds using MIDI or the eight drum gate outputs. Sync a vintage drum machine, or trigger its sounds with the patterns you create with the Arturia BeatStep Pro! And all the while the Arturia BeatStep Pro will keep the system in perfect sync.
The Arturia BeatStep Pro will supercharge your creative process at the show or studio. Two independent step sequencers and a separate drum sequencer make it a highly versatile, instantly variable creative tool. As a MIDI controller it has enough customizable knobs, pads, and transport controls to drive your music where you want it to go. And with an unprecedented diversity of connections it provides the missing link between technology that was, is, and is to come.
The Arturia BeatStep Pro was born for the stage. 3 integrated sequencers and 16 Projects, each loaded with 16 sequences per sequencer, means you can bring thousands of ideas to the show. Perform them as planned or make massive modifications on the spur of the moment, changing sequences and Projects with the system running; everything will stay in sync thanks to the rock-solid analog and MIDI clock i/o connections. While you’re at it, use the touch-sensitive looper/roller strip to deliver cutting-edge fills and breaks at will. Then add a dash of unpredictability with a twist of the Randomness and Probability controls. Immediate access to an unlimited number of options means your performances will always be fresh and exciting.
Powerful, Sturdy, Simple to Use
The Arturia BeatStep Pro is incredibly powerful, but it’s also simple to use. Setup is a breeze with color-coded connections on the back panel that help you know what to plug where. And the color of the backlit Step buttons will always match the current sequencer, so you’ll always know which sequence is being edited. There’s nothing complex about using the Arturia BeatStep Pro: it doesn’t rely on sub-menus, multi-function buttons, or convoluted processes. Everything you need to know about your Project is right in front of you, with an independent display for each sequencer so you know at a glance which sequence is playing. Beneath it all, the Arturia BeatStep Pro is a solid piece of hardware that is built to last. That’s essential for such a fantastic device, because it will be hard to stop using it once you start! The pads, buttons and knobs will always be ready to make music when you are.
Step into the Spotlight
Two independent melodic sequencers and a drum sequencer put thousands of on-the-spot ideas at your disposal. With Arturia BeatStep Pro you are master of the performance, taking full control of virtual devices, analog and digital instruments, drum machines and iPad apps all at once. 16 Projects are instantly accessible, each of which contains 16 sequences per melodic sequencer and 16 patterns for the drum sequencer. That’s over 4000 possible combinations per Project! Each melodic sequence can be up to 64 steps long with individual articulation of pitch, velocity and gate time per note. These are the most powerful step sequencers ever made. The drum sequencer has 16 separate tracks per sequence (one per pad). Record in real time from the pads or use the step buttons for that classic drum machine workflow.
The Arturia BeatStep Pro brings together the most unique and sought-after performance effects available: a looper with a touch strip, a randomizer, swing settings and a slew of hands-on controls that will make your performances the stuff of legend.
Three Modes of Operation
- Melodic Sequencer - The Arturia BeatStep Pro features two melodic step sequencers. Record the pitch, duration and velocity of a note in real time using the pads or an external keyboard and your sequence will play back, quantized at the step resolution. You can also enter notes in step mode using the knobs and Step buttons. Sequences can have up to 64 steps, with a total of 32 sequences per Project and 16 Projects in all.
- Drum Sequencer - In addition to the two melodic sequencers, the Arturia BeatStep Pro features a 16-track drum sequencer. As with the others, these sequences can be recorded in real time using the pads. But you can also enter the steps using a classic drum machine workflow; the choice is yours. The knobs can be used to define the velocity and duration of notes, and they’re also able to shift the timing of the notes away from the quantized values. That way your patterns will have exactly the kind of groove you want.
- MIDI Controller - Knobs, buttons, and pads: the Arturia BeatStep Pro has quite a few. And they’re fully customizable using the included MIDI Control Center application. Use the Arturia BeatStep Pro to make your MIDI devices and VST instruments do exactly what you want them to.
Control mode lets you trigger clips in your favorite DAW, play sounds from an external device or make magic with your plug-in of choice. Take your music from idea to reality with the Arturia BeatStep Pro Controller.
Plays Well with Others (Very, Very Well)
With the Arturia BeatStep Pro you can connect to virtually any musical device within reach: computers, virtual instruments, modular synths, drum machines; anything with USB, MIDI in and out, CV/Gate outputs, Clock in and out, or DIN sync. From the oldest music technology to the newest and beyond, the Arturia BeatStep Pro is bound to become the centerpiece of your setup and the heart of your creative efforts for many years to come.
Arturia BeatStep Pro Controller Features
- 2 Monophonic step sequencers
- Up to 64 steps per sequence
- Note, velocity and gate time settings per step
- Note tie
- 16-Track drum sequencer (one track per pad)
- MIDI controller mode
- Fully customizable for knobs, step buttons and velocity and pressure sensitive pads
- Send MIDI CC, note data, program changes
- 16 Projects, each with 16x2 sequences, 16 drum sequences and a controller map.
- Performance controls
- Randomizer with Amount and Probability settings
- Real-time looper/roller touch strip
- Independent swing amount per sequence
- Touch sensitive knobs
- Tap Tempo
- CV/GATE outputs (1 volt per octave CV, 10 volt gates)
- 8 Drum gate outputs
- Clock sync with multiple standards
- MIDI In/Out with supplied MIDI adaptors
- USB class compliant
- Supports full parameter and sequencing editing capability using Arturia's free MIDI Control Center software
- Kensington lock
Arturia BeatStep Pro Controller Specifications
- Step Sequencers: 2 Monophonic Step Sequencers
- Drum Sequencer: 16-Track Drum Sequencer (One Track Per Pad)
- Projects: 16 Projects, each with 16x2 Sequences, 16 Drum Sequences and a Controller Map
- Performance Controls: Yes
- Randomizer: Yes, with Amount & Probability Settings
- Touch Strip: Real-Time Looper/Roller Touch Strip
- Knobs: Touch Sensitive
- Tap Tempo: Yes
- CV/Gate Outputs: 1 Volt Per Octave CV, 10 Volt Gates
- Drum Gate Outputs: 8
- Synchronization: Clock Sync with Multiple Standards
- MIDI In/Out: Yes, with Supplied MIDI Adaptors
- USB Connection: USB Class Compliant
- Lock: Kensington Lock
- Size: 16.3 x 6.4 x 1.4 inches (415 x 163 x 36mm)
- Weight: 3.20 lbs. (1.450 Kg)
Arturia BeatStep Pro Controller Includes
- Arturia BeatStep Pro Controller
- Quick Start Guide
- Registration Card
- 2 x MIDI Adaptors
- 1 x Clock Adaptor
- 1 x Anti Groud-Loop Adaptor
Arturia BeatStep Pro Controller Downloads
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
The Ultimate controller/sequencer considering size (portability), price and functionality.