ART USB Dual Pre Microphone Preamp
The ART USB Dual Pre Microphone Preamp is a full-featured high quality dual portable preamplifier and computer interface packed into a compact rugged case. With the USB Dual Pre, your laptop, and a pair of quality microphones you can do some serious remote recording.
The ART USB Dual Pre Microphone Preamp is designed to work over a wide variety of applications from remote field recording to desktop/studio tracking. Each of the two low noise input channels has up to 48 dB of clean gain with signal present and clip LED indicators. Inputs can be either XLR balanced or 1/4-inch TRS. Each of the 1/4-inch TRS outputs is buffered low impedance balanced.
The ART USB Dual Pre is powered via the USB bus. Internal 9 Volt battery, or optional external 12V power supply (or any combination of USB, battery & power supply) can be used depending on application. When running powered by battery alone, you should expect in excess of 50 hours of operation with phantom power off. Battery life will drop to approximately 20 hours (depending on microphone) when phantom powering is engaged (still enough time to get through an average session).
Built-in low noise +48 Volt phantom power supply allows you to power up to 2 microphones as well as the preamplifier when running from any power sources including the USB bus.
1/8-inch TRS mini headphone jack with level and monitor mix controls on the rear allow for latency free local monitoring of the inputs while recording as well as playback monitoring of the USB bus. monitor mix is also routed to the 1/4-inch TRS balanced outputs. This lets you use the 1/4-inch outputs as either preamplifier outputs or as the monitor feed to your powered monitors.
The ART USB Dual Pre is fully compliant with the USB 1.1 specification and uses USB adaptive mode for playback and USB asynchronous mode for record.
The ART USB Dual Pre works with the USB audio device drivers built into Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP/Vista and Apple OS9.1/OSX computers with native USB support. No special drivers needed.
ART USB Dual Pre Microphone Preamp Features
- USB connectivity to desktop and laptop computers
- Dual-channel microphone preamplifier
- Low noise fully balanced XLR and 1/4-inch TRS combi inputs
- Up to 48 dB of clean gain
- Built-in low noise phantom power supply
- Latency free monitoring mix and level controls
- Independent channel gain controls
- 1/4-inch TRS balanced monitor and 1/8-inch headphone monitor outputs
- Compact, stackable all aluminum chassis
- Flexible 3-way power from USB, external supply, or 9 volt battery
ART USB Dual Pre Microphone Preamp Specifications
- Signal To Noise Ratio: Greater than 90 dB (Ref 0 dBu)
- Frequency Bands: 20 Hz - 20K Hz (+0, -1 dB)
- Maximum Gain: +48 dB (balanced in-out)
- Input Impedance: Greater than 300K Ohms 1/4-inch, 4K Ohms XLR
- Maximum Output Level: +6 dBu in, +10 dBu out (balanced), +4 dBu out
- Input Connectors: XLR / 1/4-inch TRS Combi jack balanced/unbalanced
- Output Connectors: 1/4-inch TRS, 1/8-inch TRS headphone
- Total Harmonic Distortion: Less than 0.01% @ 1K Hz
- Phantom Power: Selectable +48 Volts DC
- Power: 7.5-12V DC @ 150mA, USB bus or 9V Battery
- Construction: Aluminum black anodized with rubber sides
- Dimensions: (H x W x D inches/mm) 1.75 x 4.6 x 4.7 / 44.5 x 117 x 119
- Weight: 1.3lbs / 0.59kg
ART USB Dual Pre Microphone Preamp Includes
- USB Dual Pre Microphone Preamp
- Owners Manual
- 3 Year Warranty
ART USB Dual Pre Microphone Preamp Downloads
3 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
For someone new to audio devices, this was not an intuitive product. However, the directions were clear and enabled me to get right to the work I needed to do.
I got rid of my huge soundboard. this is just as good and takes 1/10th the space :)
I bought this as my first interface a while back and overall it was good for certain things and not so good for others. It's a great interface for recording on the go or just jotting down ideas but if your looking for studio quality i would obviously save up for something else.