The ART Tube MP Studio V3 Tube Preamp delivers warmth and fatness to any audio source while maintaining an exceptionally low-noise signal path. It uses ART’s proven V3 (Variable Valve Voicing) Technology to instantly contour the tone to any source.
The ART Tube MP Studio V3 Tube Preamp's primary function is as a microphone preamp with +48V phantom power, variable gain and phase reverse switching, it is also an exceptionally versatile tube driven direct box for any instrument source.
The ART Tube MP Studio V3™ presets were created and fine-tuned by some of the industry’s top studio and live-sound engineers and allow instant access to a multitude of preamp settings designed for guitars (electric and acoustic), keyboards, bass guitars, drums, vocals and more. Additionally, the ART Tube MP Studio V3 employs OPL™ (Output Protection Limiting) technology to protect the next component in your signal path from clipping and overloads.
The ART Tube MP Studio V3 Tube Preamp offers exceptional sound quality and superior performance to that typically found in “on-board” preamps found in today’s low-cost mixers, multi-track recorders and audio cards making it an ideal tone-shaping tool for any application.
ART Tube MP Studio V3 Tube Preamp Features
- Provides superior preamplification for: microphones, instruments and line level sources
- V3 - Variable valve voicing
- OPL - Output protection limiting
- Hand selected 12AX7a provides 70dB of gain smooth, warm and fat sound quality
- Variable input and output gain controls
- Excellent as a tube DI
- XLR and 1/4" inputs and outputs +48 volts
- +48 Volts of phantom power
- Phase reversal switch
- Portable, all steel construction
ART Tube MP Studio V3 Tube Preamp Specifications
- Frequency Response: 5Hz to 50kHz (+0 to -1dB)
- Total Harmonic Distortion: <.01% (clean); 0.1% (warm)
- CMMR: > 75dB (typ. @ 1kHz)
- Dynamic Range: <100dB
- Equivalent Input Noise: -129dBu (A weighted, xlr to xlr)
- Maximum Gain: 80dB (xlr to xlr); 74dB (1/4? to xlr)
- Maximum Input Level: +19dBu (xlr); +22dBu (1/4?)
- Maximum Output Level: +28dBu (xlr); +22dBu (1/4?)
- Phantom Power: +48 volts
- Power Requirements: 110-125 VAC, 16W
- Tube Type: 12AX7A – Dual Triode (Hand Selected)
- Dimensions: 5.0?D x 5.5?W x 2.0? H
- Weight: 1.5 lbs
ART Tube MP Studio V3 Tube Preamp Includes
- Tube MP Studio V3 Tube Preamp
- Owners Manual
- 1 Year Warranty
ART Tube MP Studio V3 Tube Preamp Downloads
- ART Tube MP Studio V3 Tube Preamp Owners Manual (PDF)
- ART Tube MP Studio V3 Tube Preamp Spec Sheet (PDF)
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This little preamp is of course of the "starved plate" variety but that's not really a bad thing, you just have to find the right things to use it for. If I was wanting to record a stellar "jump out of the speaker" vocal, this wouldn't be my choice of pre. If you want to have a nice little box to use as a DI to warm up your DI'ed guitar, bass or keyboard before they hit your DAW, than this is the box to grab. It shines on those sources. Although, the V3 might be just the the ticket as a vocal pre (everyone's ears are different) & dependent on the quality of your DAW interface, it might be a step-up from what you already have for mic pre's. It does have a setting that is neutral (no tube & no limiter) that sounds better than OK. Thanks for the eye time.