The ART Dual ZDirect Passive Direct Box provides two independent high quality totally passive interfaces that let you connect instrument, line, or speaker level signals to a mixer or other balanced inputs through high performance audio isolation transformers.
The ART Dual ZDirect Passive Direct Box' high impedance single-ended 1/4? inputs are converted by a transformer into an isolated, balanced, low impedance signal output.
The ART Dual ZDirect’s audio transformers have an extremely flat and wide frequency response and can handle high signal levels. This gives the ART Dual ZDirect a very clean and neutral sound with a wide variety of signal sources and over long signal runs in high noise environments.
The input ATTENUATOR switches allow for a wide range of signal levels and the input THRU jacks allows for tapping off of your signal chain. The GROUND LIFT switches let you totally separate the input and output signal grounds, when appropriate, to isolate two systems, thereby reducing hum and ground-loop noise.
What further sets the ART Dual ZDirect apart from other “DI” boxes are its extended features and versatility. We have added switchable low pass FILTERs that cut out all very high frequency interference. These Bessel filters on the outputs are placed out of the audio range and are primarily intended to reduce radio frequency interference before it gets into the main system.
The filters are very effective in reducing any digital computer noise artifacts when using the ART Dual ZDirect as an interface between a computer-based audio workstation and your monitors.
The PHASE INVERT switches, while not normally included with your “run of the mill” DI box, have been added to allow you to switch signal polarity right at the source. This feature is especially handy when you are combining a direct tap with a microphone feed in the mix.
The compact black-anodized all aluminum case and it’s passive design allow the ART Dual ZDirect to provide years of trouble free service in Live Sound, Permanent/Fixed Install, D.J., and virtually any PA application. It’s full feature set, rugged construction, and high-end specifications make the ART Dual ZDirect the obvious choice.
ART Dual ZDirect Passive Direct Box Features
- Fully passive, high performance transformer design
- No battery required
- Converts 50k ohm inputs into 600 ohm balanced outputs
- Switchable input attenuation (0, -20, -40 dB) Switchable low pass filter
- Switchable phase invert Switchable ground lift (fully isolates inputs from chassis and outputs)
- Rugged extruded aluminum case
ART Dual ZDirect Passive Direct Box Specifications
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz – 50 kHz, ± 0.5dB @ +4 dBu
- Total Harmonic Distortion: .01% Typical @ 1 kHz, +18 dBu <.05% @ 100 Hz, +18 dBu
- Channel Separation: > 80 dB (typical)
- Input Connections: 1/4? TRS Unbalanced (2), 50k O
- Thru Connections: 1/4? TRS (2)
- Output Connections: XLR Male Balanced (2), 600 O
- Input Attenuation: Switchable, (0 -20, -40dB)
- Filter Type / Response: Switchable, Low Pass, -3 dB @ 30 kHz
- Dimensions: 1.85?H x 4.6?W x 3.9?D (47mm x 117mm x 99mm)
- Weight: 0.88 lbs (0.40 kg)
ART Dual ZDirect Passive Direct Box Includes
- ART Dual ZDirect Passive Direct Box
- Owners Manual
- 3 Year Warranty