AKG C214 Condenser Microphone
AKG C214 Condenser Microphone, for recording of lead vocals and solo instruments in studio and on stage
AKG C214 Condenser Microphone Details
The AKG C214 large-diaphragm condenser microphone has been designed as a cost-effective alternative to the high-end C414 family. Like the C414, the C214 offers a supreme one-inch capsule on an integrated suspension to reduce mechanical noise. A switchable 20dB attenuation pad allows recording of loud sources of up to 156dB SPL. A switchable bass-cut filter allows close-up recording with almost no proximity effect.
The C214 captures sound by combining one capsule of the legendary C414 dual-capsule system and the patented AKG Back-Plate Technology, resulting in an outstanding performance close to the famous C414 XLII.
AKG C214 Condenser Microphone Features
- Sonic character of the C414 XLII for beautifully detailed recording of lead vocals and solo instruments
- Outstanding dynamic range and ultralow noise for close-up recording of high-output sources of up to 156dB SPL
- Switchable 20dB attenuator and bass-cut filter for close-up recording and reduction of proximity effect
- Integrated suspension to reduce mechanical noise and vibration from stage
- Roadworthy design all-metal die-cast body with shock- and scratch-resistant finish
AKG C214 Condenser Microphone Specifications
- Capsule: One Inch Large Diaphragm Condenser
- Sensitivity: 20 mV/Pa (-34 dBV)
- Frequency Range: 20 to 20,000 Hz
- Equivalent noise level: 13 dB-A (IEC 60268-4)
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Max. SPL: 136 / 156 dB SPL (0 / 20 dB Pad)
- Dynamic range: 123 / 143 dB-A (0 / 20 dB Pad)
- Low Cut Filter: 160 Hz, 6 dB/Octave, switchable
- Attenuation Pad: 20 dB, switchable
- Phantom Power: 12 to 52 V (IEC 61938)
- Patents: AT 395.225, DE 4.103.784, JP 2.815.488
- Dimensions: 160 x 55 mm (6.3 x 2.2 in.)
- Net / Shipping Weight: 280 / 1450 g (0.62 / 3.22 lbs)
AKG C214 Condenser Microphone Includes
- H85 Shock Mount
- W214 Windscreen
- Metal Carrying Case
3 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
A great alternative to the 414 minus the various polar patterns & high pass options
at less than half the price of a 414! The mic is same as a 414, although the high pass or bass rolloff is a bit steep, otherwise a great large diaphragm mic for a great price!
I found this mic very useful on nylon guitar over the bridge. A few sessions with male voice through a good valve pre amp brought out some nice details that weren't there with some other mics I tried. Also worked nicely thru a solid state Speck Electronics MicPre 5.0. A very useful addition to my mic cabinet.
I use this mic when I need a more clear and detailed sound than what I get with my SM7. I have a deep male voice and I feel that it complements it very well, and will actually choose it over the SM7 for voice over work even though the main purpose of an SM7 is to be a broadcast mic.
Also, you can get a really nice sound using it to mic the sound hole of an acoustic guitar along with an SDC on the fretboard on a stereo channel. It's hard to do better at the price range.