A Designs Ventura SE Preamp
The A Designs Ventura SE Preamp is at home as a microphone preamp, instrument preamp and EQ - all with individual inputs and outputs, it's like having three different high-end units in one small, affordable package.
The microphone preamp is a balanced single-stage discrete opamp, transformer coupled design. It includes switches for: phase reverse, -20 dB pad, +48V phantom power with LED indicator and a gain control knob.
With the "Source Switch" set to Mic the signal is fed to both the input of the EQ section/main output and the transformer output mult simultaneously. This gives two separate outputs at one time and is useful in feeding signal to FOH and/or external FX, power amps, etc.
Running at normal levels a very clear and transparent signal with all the detail, air and extended bass youd expect from a very high quality discrete analog design. Push it a little harder and the output transformers will saturate giving a more colored character while still retaining clarity.
The Ventura SE features a 3-band modified Quad Eight style Parametric Equalizer featuring 33 frequencies. There are three bands of overlapping ranges from 50Hz to 15 KHz. Both the frequency selection and the boost/cut controls are stepped for precise recallable settings. Each band has its own Q switch with three fixed positions of Sharp, Wide and Narrow. The low and high bands are a peak/dip type with switches to change their characteristic to a shelf type. The shelving switches disable the Q feature on high and low bands only.
No need for a Direct Box/DI. This is a high-impedance unbalanced preamplifier designed for guitar/bass pickups and keyboards such as vintage synthesizers. Independent from the mic-pre, the instrument preamplifier section uses a single-stage discrete opamp. It includes a front-panel 1/4″ TS Switchcraft input jack with a gain pot and on the back panel a Hi/Low gain switch. Also featured is the addition of a separate unbalanced instrument direct output jack that breaks the signal feed to the Output Mult and EQ sections. This allows the Instrument section to be truly independent. The Source Switch has no effect when using this output jack.
A Designs Ventura SE Preamp Features
- Three separate discrete Inputs for each section
- Three separate discrete Outputs for each section
- Hi/Low Gain Switch for the Instrument section
- Black texture coat finish Faceplate
- Independent Microphone Preamp/Equalizer/Instrument Preamp
- Specially Designed Discrete Operational Amplifiers
- Jensen Microphone Input Transformer
- Insert Points Between Mic Preamp, Instrument Preamp and Equalizer
- Metal Film Resistors, Polypropylene, C0G and Bipolar Capacitors
- Silver Contact Toggle Switches (No Relays)
- Cinemag Transformer Balanced Outputs Main and Direct/Mult
- External Switchable Line Power from 110VAC to 220VAC
- Neutrik XLR Connectors
- 1RU Steel Chassis
- Aluminum Knobs
- Made In The USA
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review