The A Designs PEQ 500-Series EQ Module faithfully preserves the EQ section design, control layout, and wonderfully smooth musicality of the original Pultec. Capturing the essence of the EQP-1A, this A Designs PEQ 500-Series EQ Module is contained in the compact and popular 500-Series format.
The A Designs PEQ 500-Series EQ Module sonically nods to the classic Pultec EQP-1A sound. The classic all-tube Pultec EQP-1A goes down on the record books as one of the most venerated equalizers of all time, cherished by recording and mastering engineers for its almost mythical ability to improve the sound of just about anything running through it. With the EM-PEQ, A Designs was able to 'shrink' this highly sought after filter design and fit it to their R 52 rackmountable module. Classic sound with modern thinking, that's the A Designs EM-PEQ!
The merging of past and present
The EQ section design and control layout of the classic EQP-1A has been meticulously maintained, as well as its wonderfully smooth musicality. Makeup amplification is achieved through the use of the same discrete Class AB amplifier found in A-Designs' popular solid-state Pacifica mic pre, putting a slightly unique twist on the classic design of yesteryear.
Built from the finest components available
Additional features include a nickel core output transformer, gold Grayhill rotary switches, Wima caps, and a true hard bypass. Instead of using common off-the-shelf chokes, A-Designs uses a custom-wound tapped inductor wound to the original values. Fully balanced, noise-free operation with modern impedance specs make for dummy- proof operation and fast studio integration. The A Designs EM-PEQ is an approved API 'VPR Alliance' product and may also be used in Brent Averill Enterprises racks and A-Designs' R52.
A Designs PEQ 500-Series EQ Module Features
- The first and only Pultec-style equalizer in the 500-Series format
- Three-band EQ with the same control layout as original Pultec.
- Fully balanced, noise-free performance and modern impedance specs.
- Same frequency settings and inductors as original Pultec make it a must-have for capturing bottom end.
- Excels at tracking, mixing and mastering a truly magical EQ!
- Perfectly compatible with API lunchbox (or A-Designs 500HR rack).
- True hard-wired bypass.
- A-Designs proprietary-wound tapped Inductor.
- A-Designs proprietary nickel alloy output transformer.
- Quick and easy studio integration.
- Wima capacitors
A Designs PEQ 500-Series EQ Module Includes
- 1 Year Warranty
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
A DESIGNS PEQ 500-SERIES EQ MODULEJul 29th 2021
Killer EQ. Silky. Huge. Good for everything I have thrown at it.